Sysinfo

Other talk about Salix
shad91

Sysinfo

Post by shad91 »

In Windows the command systeminformation will give a great deal on information on the computer and OS.

Several Linux's will do the same as well as many CLI and GUI, problem is they do not all agree when it comes to memory used or available. free -m , top, htop , /etc/proc/ The question is in Slackware/SalixOS what if any is the best to use when running a low resource computer memory wise.

I have not found anything in the repos that resembles sysinfo for this OS, I know SuSe has it as well as the *buntu's but I choose not to run them at this time.

What is the magic-pill for Slackware/SalixOS.

TIA
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Sysinfo

Post by gapan »

I have no idea what that sysinfo is but try lshw.
Shador

Post by Shador »

I don't know exactly, which kind of system information this windows tool displays. But for example lshw can give you a whole bunch of information about your computer.
And conky (or gkrellm) is a nice tool to display many system stats on the fly.
shad91 wrote:/etc/proc/
There's nothing like this. ;) There are only /proc and /sys.

gapan was of course faster, but at least he mentioned lshw too :D
shad91

Post by shad91 »

that got me the info i wanted (lshw) i did not have it installed or at least which said so, with my Basic install

slapt-get took care of it, thanks for the heads up.

lots of info from that command lshw !
damNageHack

Post by damNageHack »

This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.