Salix Mate

If you have any suggestions or ideas about improving Salix, here's the place to post them.
creppolo

Salix Mate

Post by creppolo »

Salix Mate is REALLY fantastic!
I have already tried mate in slack13.37, but i'm not convinced at best, but here, all dressed up and adjusted it works really well, it shows an installation on a board with eeepc 4gb ssd (actually 3.7 ...) to which are 1.9 GB of free space, with start times stratospheric (twenty seconds) and this "gnome" light like a "fluxbox" ... I really do not regret the almost perfect xfce4.6!
Really amazed, I've installed on 2 netbook, the home PC (PIII 750 MHz) and the desktop computer (PIV 1.8Ghz) always with great results and great satisfaction. The only "probleme" (very questionable, is not a real drawback is more a stylistic choice) I can not see well LibreOffice .. abiword better (with gnumeric) for the speed ... the rest just perfect!
Rating: 9 * + +! : D
Thanks at the team !!!!
chi pensa col cervello degli altri il suo lo può friggere (G.L.)
il mondo è bello perchè è avariato (G.L.)
gli amici si vedono nel momento del loro bisogno (M.L.)
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Salix Mate

Post by gapan »

Hi creppolo, thanks for your kind words and welcome to Salix. :)

But swapping libreoffice for abiword in the MATE edition is never going to happen. You're free to do it in your own installations of course.
creppolo

Post by creppolo »

Thank you for the welcome
LibreOffice on netbooks with 4gb ssd card is just too cumbersome. I have no problems, is that it goes beyond the possibilities of the PC ...
chi pensa col cervello degli altri il suo lo può friggere (G.L.)
il mondo è bello perchè è avariato (G.L.)
gli amici si vedono nel momento del loro bisogno (M.L.)
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

creppolo wrote:LibreOffice on netbooks with 4gb ssd card is just too cumbersome. I have no problems, is that it goes beyond the possibilities of the PC ...
That may be true, but a netbook with 4 GB SSD is not the standard use case of 99 % of all users ;) Most users want a complete office suite and that's Libreoffice/Openoffice.
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)