Ratpoison

If you have any suggestions or ideas about improving Salix, here's the place to post them.
macondo

Ratpoison

Post by macondo »

Hi, i installed Fluxbox Salix 1337 (full installation), my favorite window managers are IceWM and Ratpoison. Installed icewm and configured it to my liking, no problems. But rp comes with no ratmenu (Debian's comes with the menu) so all you have to do is assign a keybind in your .ratpoisonrc for the menu.

In Salix, you have to install Ratpoison Salix 1337 in order to get it (the menu).

Is it possible to have rp in the repos already with ratmenu or any other menu? Thanks...
macondo

Re: Ratpoison

Post by macondo »

I just read Gapan's answer to my other posting about ratpoison after posting this thread.
Shador

Post by Shador »

Why are you cross-posting? It is considered very rude! Please refrain from doing that in the future!
macondo

Post by macondo »

1.It was not my intention to be rude.

2.I just posted here as a suggestion for ratpoison to come with the menu configured, after all it's been done already for the Ratpoison edition, it's just a matter to incorporate it to the repos. It was just a suggestion.
Too early in the morning to argue...

3.I wanted for gapan to know i had not seen his post before posting this one.

Clear as mud? :D
Shador

Post by Shador »

Cross-posting means posting the same topic twice on different boards or sections of a board. That's the problem. Nothing wrong with your second post. The initial creation of the topic as a cross-posting is bad netiquette, because it's highly unfair to people helping you as different persons might answer the same question twice.
Of course I didn't expect you to intend to be rude. But even with no such intentions it can sometimes happen. Therefor I'm pointing this out. It's just not wanted here and on any other board. Even less welcome is asking the same question on completely different sites.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossposting
macondo

Post by macondo »

Shador wrote:Cross-posting means posting the same topic twice on different boards or sections of a board. Even less welcome is asking the same question on completely different sites.
"I think what we have here is a problem in communication" -Cool Hand Luke :)

I'm a very respectful person, especially being a newbie. I apologize if i came across as a reckless newbie not following etiquette.

In my mind, i wasn't posting the same thing in two different sub-forums:
1. In the Problems sub-forum i was asking how to install/configure ratmenu.
2. In the Suggestions sub-forum i was just saying that ratmenu should come already configured.

Two different topics in two different sub-forums as far as i'm concerned.
Again, i apologize if i had infringed any forum rules :)
Shador

Post by Shador »

To me, especially as it was written, it's about the same thing. But never mind I see that it was not your intention and I was just trying to point those unspoken netiquettes out. So let's look forward, it's alright. No consequences for your or my opnion of you. :)