kbd bug in installation cd (fluxbox 1337

You think you have found a bug? Let us know about it.
macondo

kbd bug in installation cd (fluxbox 1337

Post by macondo »

I tried installing fb 1337 but encountered a situation when I tried to choose a kbd for my spanish one. It wouldn't show anything when i pressed the keys for it when i typed them. Later on, when i tried to choose the hard drive (sda) it didn't give me a chance to choose with the space bar; it went straight to the option DO IT, when i clicked on it, it gave me an error and had to go back to the main menu. I chose AUTOINSTALL and given the whole hd to salix.

I gave up and installed this time from the Live Fluxbox cd, just to find out it is based on slackware 13.1 instead of 1337. It should say so on the download page.

Back to the Fluxbox 1337 cd, this time i took the default English kbd (hoping to change my kbd later), when i got to the option to choose the hd, i played with Alt, the arrows, and every other key, till i got it marked and from then on, no problem. I took care of the spanish kbd after the installation. I don't how many people encounter this and give up, but i wanted to let you know. Salix OS is running fine!
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: kbd bug in installation cd (fluxbox 1337

Post by gapan »

I just tried it with a spanish keymap (es.map). It worked fine. Which one did you try exactly?
macondo wrote:I gave up and installed this time from the Live Fluxbox cd, just to find out it is based on slackware 13.1 instead of 1337. It should say so on the download page.
It does. People that download stuff should read what they're downloading first.
ElderDryas

Post by ElderDryas »

Not only does the DL page ( http://www.salixos.org/wiki/index.php/Download_Fluxbox ) explicitly distinguish between the Fluxbox Installation Disc Images (Salix Fluxbox 13.37 CD ISO and Salix64 Fluxbox 13.37 CD ISO) and the Fluxbox Live Disc Image (Salix Fluxbox Live 13.1.2 CD ISO ), the downloaded ISO itelf is labeled "salixlive-fluxbox-13.1.2.iso".

Kinda hard to suggest that there was no notice, huh?
macondo

Post by macondo »

gapan: i tried querty es.map.

ElderDryas and gapan: you're absolute correct, it does say it is 13.1 (don't know how i could miss that) my apologies!
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

macondo wrote:gapan: i tried querty es.map.
Works here.