Soulseek

If there's software you need and you can't find, make a request for it.
ink3

Soulseek

Post by ink3 »

gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Soulseek

Post by gapan »

Really? Is anybody actually using this? Are there any peers at all?
ink3

Post by ink3 »

Yes;]
screen from nicotine+. (some things not works in nicotine then I want try soulseek)

thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

I consider Soulseek to be a dead network, just like OpenNap, Gnutella, Kazaa and others... But maybe I am wrong 8-)
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
ink3

Post by ink3 »

Ok :)
Package will be make?
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

ink3 wrote:Ok :)
Package will be make?
Considering our answer I guess there won't be a package made by gapan or me ;)
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

It sounds like propaganda TV which will say "Skype is the only decent manner of communicating" (there are better alternatives like LinPhone, Ekigs, Jitsi, QuteCom, SFLphone MicroSIP etc., or even like the retarded main figure of Bumbook which has lately said that HTML5 was a the biggest (no less!) mistake [1] AND AT THE SAME TIME this creature has praised M$ Apple and other big and rich companies in the technology market WHY? Because the big ones who are rich prefer these silly exclusive StupidPhone applications to be reachable in their exclusive devices instead of using HTML5 to make things accessible for everyone and every hardware engineer. HTML5 is not really a mistake, it is more efficient and reliable than e.g. SWF and accessible for more companies.

You have a one voice. Use it, or live on your knees. In the WWW field each can have more than a one voice. For example I use several networks [2], Gnutella, eD2k and BitTorrent, on two different physical networks and I am mostly uploading data (1.5 Terabits in the last year). Do the same with any protocol you like.

I like to make the WWW as much as decentralized as it can be and to make it accessible in various of ways.

__________________ Off Topic: I think that if the directory sharing implementation of BitTorrent and the DHT & PEX methods (I think these are implemented already in some eD2k clients) of BitTorrent were implemented in clients such as eMule before BitTorrent was around, then it was eD2k which was popular. eD2k will prevail!
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

There are three Soulseek clients available at SBo. You can use slapt-src to install them.
http://slackbuilds.org/result/?search=soulseek
http://slackbuilds.org/result/?search=mldonkey
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
ink3

Post by ink3 »

phi, What is distro where developers not listen users? :D
zachary I have nicotine, but I want try soulseek.