Salix Xfce 14.0beta1

laprjns
Salix Warrior

Re: Salix Xfce 14.0beta1

Post by laprjns »

If your using slapt-get, then you are already using Slackware packages. In general any package built for Slackware 14 should work on Salix 14
“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

laprjns wrote:If your using slapt-get, then you are already using Slackware packages. In general any package built for Slackware 14 should work on Salix 14
okay thanks :) it was mentioned to me that Sourcery doesn't yet point to slackware 14 packages so I was thinking perhaps there are packages available elsewhere that aren't available ithrough slapt-get.
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
slack631

Post by slack631 »

When will be the next stable release of Salix-14.
I am using it after the 13.37 version. Still have it on one partition as main OS.
It would be nice to start all over again with a stable release.
But I also test new 64bit beta1-14 on the second partition. Quite well so far.
I can not say I'm sitting at the computer too much, too. eh :)
hugok

Post by hugok »

I fix a "bug" in the lilosetup with pt_PT translation. Basicly i forget to put the # before the line Override dangerous defaults that rewrite the partition table: in portuguese Substituir os padrões perigosos que reescrevem a tabela de partição:

I detect the error after i try to run the lilosetup(in portuguese language) and i was always getting an error!
Just to say that that error is fixed in Transifex now.

PS: I keep translating the pt_PT language alone.... :( any help??
Hugo Carvalho
Portuguese translator

https://github.com/hugok79
jayseye

Post by jayseye »

Should all bug reports for the beta be posted in this thread? Or should we start to create individual posts under Problems or Bugs?

While the beta is looking very good, this thread is starting to get crowded. My previous question here was lost: http://www.salixos.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 369#p26369 -- I was able to resolve it only after posting the issue under Problems.

Looking for the best way to be cooperative, while ensuring that valid reports are visible enough to receive appropriate attention. Thanks!
Adys

Post by Adys »

jayseye wrote:Should all bug reports for the beta be posted in this thread? Or should we start to create individual posts under Problems or Bugs?
I would say that if the report is simple and the resolution is direct (or at least will be easily known or understood by Salix Team), then it would be OK to just report it in the respective alpha/beta/RC announcement topic. But, if the report needs some additional discussion, testing, feedback..., then a separated topic should be opened, and a cross reference added to the relevant alpha/beta/RC announcement topic.

That way, there is some issue-tracking in the relevant main topic, but specific discussions can be followed up appropriately.
lukove

Post by lukove »

Hi. i test it. i must say Xfce 4.10 is again a little better then previous version Xfce 4.8. Setting dialog is awesome.

now i try to test one very nice (cute) distribution from Czech with name Slax (is live cd based on Slackware), its restarted project now in alpha verzion.. i write this here becouse i have new love.. this love is KDE4. i never like KDE4, after deadh of KDE3 i lost a interest of KDE. but now i see two keys: Slackware and KDE4 together.

i will wait while you guys create a Salix version with KDE4, becouse i need slapt-get and additional packages. i know how to build package with SlackBuild but i am very lazy to use original Slackware and compile handly / manually each package who i need. this is my reasen to use Salix as distro.. for now good luck. and short time to release Salix 14 :D