Salix Xfce 14.0RC2

gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Salix Xfce 14.0RC2

Post by gapan »

Huee wrote:OK, now I can use it as normal user, but settings of scripts still disappear after closing the Scripts window...
OK, thanks for the report. I have uploaded a new wicd package which should fix this. At least I tried it and it works.
Huee

Post by Huee »

gapan wrote:OK, thanks for the report. I have uploaded a new wicd package which should fix this. At least I tried it and it works.
Works here too. Thanks for the fix!
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

I just experienced another crash, which I was unable to preserve any output from. I was trying to run the wine SlackBuild at the time, and it was still untarring the source.

Incidentally, should I be able to install wine from the repos in 64 bits? Or is wine a 32-bit thing?
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

wine is 32 bits only. You need to install some 32 bits compatibility packages for this to work. Search for multilib and alienbob.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Thanks JRD :)

Edit

Here's a direct link:

http://alien.slackbook.org/dokuwiki/dok ... e:multilib

Not for the fainthearted, but it does look very well explained and doable.
Last edited by mimosa on 9. Nov 2012, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

I don't know if it's a Firefox problem or a 14.0 rc2 problem but I've noticed if you have to restore a previous session of FF it just closes.
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
ElderDryas

Post by ElderDryas »

loukingjr wrote:I don't know if it's a Firefox problem or a 14.0 rc2 problem but I've noticed if you have to restore a previous session of FF it just closes.
Works for me (tm).

You are talking about using the History>Restore Previous Session menu options, correct?
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

I just had the same problem with Libre - it crashed on the green box with the staus bar; even when I killed that window (Mod shift C in Xmonad) calling it from the command line hung (that is, I typed 'lowriter', there was no output but the console didn't return to a prompt; and nothing happened).

On reboot everything was fine.

My impression is that this behaviour occurs on first run. It happened once in each architecture. That makes it hard to reproduce (but it could be a real pain for Live).
Last edited by mimosa on 11. Nov 2012, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
Dutch898

Post by Dutch898 »

Hi,

It is not possible to change on the desktop the size of pictogram i taling About xfce 14 rc2
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

I managed to catch LibreOffice misbehaving again, and this time I'd called it from the command line:

Code: Select all

cashew[Copia Notebook]$ lowriter anne.doc
/usr/lib/libreoffice3.6/program/../ure-link/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libproxy.so.1)
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so
The observed behaviour is the same: the progress bar on the initial green box goes to the end, and then nothing else happens.