Salix Xfce 14.0

anttel
Donor

Re: Salix Xfce 14.0

Post by anttel »

And Salix 14 is running! Thank you for the work, I appreciate it very much! It seems that i my system a DVD is not mounted. I have to mount it manually. It doesn't show up on the desk after putting a DVD is the player. My usb stick and flash card don't show up either. I own a eeepc 901.
Best regards,
Anttel :D
GJones
Donor

Post by GJones »

This release is brilliant! I especially appreciate that GHC is now in the main repos. Awesome work people.
sqlpython
Donor

Post by sqlpython »

Congratulations to the Team!
I am downloading and Now forced to Upgrade from 13.1 .. 8-)
Slackware ( Manjaro ) Salix, AntiX, Bunsen, Calculate
Atip

Post by Atip »

Installed and tried vlc and froze my system. I must be unlucky with this program in Salix :( and will now delete it permanently. :D. Good riddens!
Adys

Post by Adys »

Congrats to The Salix Team and community contributors.

@gapan,

Since the i486 support is not included in the ISO but it is still possible, maybe some relatively-small archive (compared to the full ISO size) could be added for download from sf.net. Then an interested user could download that archive and customize the original ISO, replacing only the relevant files (which are not _that_ many, if I am not mistaken), so to have Salix 14.0 Xfce in i486.
solar

Post by solar »

Thanks a lot guys! Great distro. Midori 0.4.7 is much more better and stable then it was in earlier versions, but it does not work with documents on Google Disk, so I remove it and install Firefox 17. I've also installed Infinality patches for better font rendering and now my Salix looks and works just fine. Thanks for your work once again!
zAchAry

Re: Salix Xfce 14.0 (b43/b43legacy firmware WiFi)

Post by zAchAry »

Are there news concerning to b43?

Code: Select all

http://salixos.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_upgrade_Salix_13.1_to_13.37#Obsolete_packages
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
GJones
Donor

Post by GJones »

Atip wrote:Installed and tried vlc and froze my system. I must be unlucky with this program in Salix :( and will now delete it permanently. :D. Good riddens!
This sounds like a video driver issue. What's your video card?
Tarugo

Post by Tarugo »

Congratulations for your fantastic distro!

I've installed MATE desktop with the command

Code: Select all

# slapt-get --install-set mate
How can I start a session with MATE desktop? MATE desktop doesn't appear in the session list.

Thank you very much!
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Tarugo wrote:I've installed MATE desktop...
No you didn't. MATE packages are not at all ready yet. This is an Xfce edition release.