Salix Xfce 14.0

slack631

Re: Salix Xfce 14.0

Post by slack631 »

X86_64 installed. Works great.
Maybe the font appearance depends on the type of monitor.
In Settings, Appearance, there is Fonts Enable anti-aliasing option, and Hinting can be set to slight.
Infinality patches make miracles with fonts :). http://someslack.wordpress.com/infinality-on-slackware/

The terminal font are a bit ugly maybe. Font Lucida Console looks great.
Spiros_G

Post by Spiros_G »

Thank you Salix Team for this great release!
Upgrade from 13.37, through the the wiki help, was excellent!

To enable Thunar, to display the list of availiable (mounted or unmounted) partitions, it needs to install the packages gvfs and udisk2.
And after that, if you want NOT to display these partitions to Desktop, just disable it from desktop-settings.

I think you can add some notes of how to upgrade the -slapt-get's- excluded packages. I upgrade them with "slapt-get -i". Is it need to upgrade them, right? :?
Except the aaa_base which it was not possible to upgraded it with "slapt-get" nor "spkg" and I updrade it using "upgradepkg".

Best regards
Atip

Post by Atip »

Installed following instruction. Since by birth ;) I am a fluxbox(er) I am somewhat disturbed
by the many icons on the desktop showing my various hard drive partitions and quite a few
since I have 2 HD each with several partions.

How can I get rid of those icons showing my HDs.

And by golly this Salix 14 version is really fast.

Thanks and congrats to this great box. :D
Envious

Post by Envious »

Thanks for making another great Salix release guys.
Watson

Post by Watson »

Hello. I have installed Salix64 14.0. Thank you veru much. All is good. But I have some problems.
1) I have ntfs partition. I added it in fstab during Salix installation. This partition mounts OK after installing. But when I delete any file from this partition, I get message "Impossible to create thrash folder". When I delete this partition from fstab, reboot system and mount it by double-clicking on desktop icon, this file deletes correctly.
2) When I plug flash-drive formatted to ntfs, it's not mounting automatically. It's mounting by double-clicking on desktop icon.

Please, help. Thanks in advance. I speak english bad. Sorry me my english.
solar

Post by solar »

Watson wrote:This partition mounts OK after installing. But when I delete any file from this partition, I get message "Impossible to create thrash folder".
Just create folder .Trash-1000 in your partition and restart file manager.
ikke

Post by ikke »

JRD wrote:Hum weird. I have no idea at all why you have this problem with your keyboard. Is your keyboard not working only under X or also in real Linux console?
What type of bootloader do you use, Lilo or grub2?
Really, very very weird. What angers me is that sometimes I am able to log in, sometimes the keyboard is not responding. And there is no system in it. With 'init 3' the same problem. Sometimes I can login, sometime not.
Am still using the old grub legcay (provided by salix)

Thank you for attention.
Watson

Post by Watson »

solar wrote:
Watson wrote:This partition mounts OK after installing. But when I delete any file from this partition, I get message "Impossible to create thrash folder".
Just create folder .Trash-1000 in your partition and restart file manager.
I created folder .Trash-1000, and now files delete without thrash using. It's a problem for me anyway.
sqlpython
Donor

Post by sqlpython »

Arrrgh!
I should have read more closely..
I down loaded and ran 14.0 but did not notice that it was not a live CD...
I have to try before the Install.. which is why I love Salix Slackware.
Slackware ( Manjaro ) Salix, AntiX, Bunsen, Calculate
Tarugo

Post by Tarugo »

Using Sourcery, I want to install some applications (clamav & devede), but they aren't downloaded and the installation fails.

Code: Select all

SlackBuild missing: clamav needs% README%
Unable to find all SlackBuilds specified.

Code: Select all

Retrieving http://www.rastersoft.com/descargas/devede-3.22.0.tar.bz2...  0%  0%  0%  Error
Please fix it!
By the way, superb distro! I think it's the best Xfce distro (and Slackware-based distro) EVER!
Looking forward to Salix 14 MATE edition (it's my favorite DE now).