New Editions

General talk about packaging procedures and packages.
f.bluedevil

New Editions

Post by f.bluedevil »

Will there be new desktop editions of Salix 14.0 coming out like the one's currently available in 13.37? I am particularly interested in KDE. If yes, can you give any rough estimate as to a time line. I understand and appreciate the "when it's ready" principal, just looking for a rough approximation, if possible, i.e. shortly, maybe mid-year etc.

Thanks
fredg

Re: New Editions

Post by fredg »

There is just the 14.0 Xfce release for now, others will be available when they will be ready ;)
Don't worry, we are working on it and it will be before mid-year, but not so shortly ;)

++
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

There is also slackel, which is KDE-based (and now Openbox, too). Search this forum or the web for more information.
f.bluedevil

Post by f.bluedevil »

Don't worry, we are working on it and it will be before mid-year, but not so shortly
Ok, I get it, I know exactly what you mean, at least I think so, ..well maybe, ...kinda? :? ;)
There is also slackel, which is KDE-based (and now Openbox, too). Search this forum or the web for more information.
Yes, I've been meaning to check it out, downloading the live DVD now.

Thanks for the input, gentlemen
jayseye

Post by jayseye »

There are very early alpha editions in testing, for both KDE and Openbox. Testing is currently encouraged only for Salix team members, until more stable stages are reached.

However the ISOs are available for download, to anyone with the patience and persistence to track them down. :wink: