Sourcery and Slackbuilds.Org

Other talk about Salix
f.bluedevil

Sourcery and Slackbuilds.Org

Post by f.bluedevil »

Does Sourcery include a complete set of the packages in Slackbuilds.org? Or perhaps better stated, does it mirror the Slackbuilds package set or does it exclude some packages or include additional packages not found in Slackbuilds.org?

I'm not looking for a list of specific packages just wanting to know whether it makes sense to search Slackbuilds.org for packages if the packages I'm looking for are not in Sorcery?
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Re: Sourcery and Slackbuilds.Org

Post by laprjns »

The intent is to be a complete mirror, however I believe that there are a few packages that have been eliminated, mainly because of token source links that could not be fixed. Also, the Salix 14.0 release announcement has the following
Our mirror of the slackbuilds.org repository now includes limited dependency support. It uses only the data in each SlackBuild's .info file and these are written with the assumption of a full Slackware installation, so some dependencies may be missing in some cases. Software that is already present in either the Salix binary repositories, or the Salix SLKBUILD repository, will not be visible through our slackbuilds.org mirror to avoid confusion with same packages being available in both gslapt/slapt-get and sourcery/slapt-src (although the respective scripts are there for anyone that wants to download them manually).
“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"
f.bluedevil

Re: Sourcery and Slackbuilds.Org

Post by f.bluedevil »

Our mirror of the slackbuilds.org repository now includes limited dependency support. It uses only the data in each SlackBuild's .info file and these are written with the assumption of a full Slackware installation, so some dependencies may be missing in some cases
Ahh - good to know. I was not aware that sourcery included dependency support, limited or otherwise. Also, thanks for answering my question.