[done] Move a partition with xfs

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Move a partition with xfs

Post by gapan »

You need to destroy one of your primary partitions to create a logical one.
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

Be careful all, don't confond partition and filesystem on the partition !

damNageHack, can you tell us what you got before, what you got now, and what do you expect to have ? It will be easier to help you.
damNageHack

Post by damNageHack »

JRD wrote:damNageHack, can you tell us what you got before, what you got now, and what do you expect to have ? It will be easier to help you.
I will not on the concerned pc until next week. Updates will follow then, please keep attention. :)
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

Shador wrote:Yes, of course, that's a solution, but it's undesirable for bigger partitions as it requires copying all data first. shrinking would just have to shrink the partition and if necessary move some blocks.
If you like your data, you have to do a backup of your data anyway before such tasks :P
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
damNageHack

Post by damNageHack »

Solution: Delete partition and create a new logical (correct) one ...

Then copy data from original (sda1) partition as did before but with wrong partition type.

Done. :lol:
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.