MC and Salixlive rc1 iso

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
toothandnail

MC and Salixlive rc1 iso

Post by toothandnail »

This is quite strange. I often use MC to open iso files and check their content. I downloaded the live RC1 iso earlier, and went to check it with MC. Instead of getting the iso contents, I got a red error box with an error parsing 'boot'. I can use MC on other isos without any errors, but for some reason, it doesn't like the live iso. I can also use MC from Vector on the Salix live iso without problems...

I've tried both the standard Salix (Slackware?) MC and my own build of 4.7.0.1, both have much the same problem, though oddly enough, with my build, if I check the contents of another iso, then select the live iso, it works.

Anyone have any idea what is going on with this? Or can confirm it, for that matter?

Paul.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: MC and Salixlive rc1 iso

Post by gapan »

Just tried it on a salix64 installation, works with no problems. Did you do an md5sum check?
toothandnail

Re: MC and Salixlive rc1 iso

Post by toothandnail »

gapan wrote:Just tried it on a salix64 installation, works with no problems. Did you do an md5sum check?
Yes, reported ok. Also, works under Vector without problems. I don't understand why the problem with MC in Salix.

Paul.