Our Slackware mirrors with dep support...

Other talk about Salix
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Re: Our Slackware mirrors with dep support...

Post by thenktor »

Yes, it seems the last weeks have been a bad time for our mirrors/servers :?
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
stuckinoregon

Post by stuckinoregon »

Here is what appears to be the pertinent page for the OSL: http://osuosl.org/services/hosting

I would have no idea what to tell them, someone might want to check with them regarding hosting. Just a thought. :idea:
Cann0n

Post by Cann0n »

I'm on an x86_64 system. I accidentally ran into this problem earlier. My custom repo's refer to update my packages with i486 packages. Any suggestions or tips to keep my system from bunching up libs?
damNageHack

Post by damNageHack »

Cann0n wrote:I'm on an x86_64 system. I accidentally ran into this problem earlier. My custom repo's refer to update my packages with i486 packages. Any suggestions or tips to keep my system from bunching up libs?
i486 packages should be excluded in slapt-get via file /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc. Try to add ".*-i486-.*" to this file.
$ grep EXCLUDE /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc
EXCLUDE=^aaa_elflibs,^aaa_base,^devs,^glibc-.*,^kernel-.*,^udev,^rootuser-settings,^zzz-settings,.*-[0-9]+dl$,.*-i486-.*
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.