Really Like Salix

Introduce yourself, create test postings or talk nonsense
stvnx7

Really Like Salix

Post by stvnx7 »

Hey guys - I just wanted to drop in and mention how much I am liking Salix. I loved Slackware but hated tickering around with dependencies all the time. This is the perfect blend of Slackware's stability and KISS philosophy with user-friendly design.

I hope to stock around for a long time.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Really Like Salix

Post by gapan »

Hi stvnx7, I'm glad you enjoy salix. :)
baran

Post by baran »

Hi,

you're right. Salix is great ditro. I have it on my PC and notebook too.

I have a question. Has Salix some cleaning SW? Like Ubuntu tweak in Ubuntu? Thnx.

Rene
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Not as far as I know, though you could look in Sourcery. What exactly do you want it to do? These are possibly housekeeping tasks it wouldn't be too hard to do manually, or indeed, which may not really be necessary. For instance, /tmp can accumulate quite a bit, but with the hard disk sizes of the past decade or so, as well as multimedia file sizes, any lack of space is likely to have other causes.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

I fail to see how such a question popped up in a thread titled "Really Like Salix" in the "Salix pub" section of the forum... :roll:

Really, I'm refusing to answer this here.
salixious

Post by salixious »

Welcome stvnx7. I'm new to Salix myself and decided on it over Slackware for the same reasons as you, although I learned about how Slackware works by watching some YouTube videos by Matt Samudio.