[Solved] How to find missing dependencies?

Other talk about Salix
icaroperseo
Donor

[Solved] How to find missing dependencies?

Post by icaroperseo »

Well, I'm a newcomer to SalixOS although I have a few years using some other distributions. As soon as I start this new adventure...

I'm trying to install some applications which are basic for me, but some of them are not in the official repositories. Because of this, I decided to compile them directly but I've also found that some dependencies are missing. I searched those dependencies through the Internet (I have used gslapt and sourcery too) but I have not been able to find any reference to them. For example, I have compiled this application: https://packages.debian.org/jessie/pumpa (Source code is here: https://pumpa.branchable.com/) appearing the following output:

Code: Select all

somebody@somewhere~> $ qmake
Project MESSAGE: Release mode on
Project MESSAGE: Enabling dbus
Project MESSAGE: Configuring for Qt 4
Project MESSAGE: Using libtidy
Project ERROR: Unable to find libtidy header files for compiling! Install libtidy-dev (Debian, Ubuntu) or libtidy-devel (Fedora).
Another example is when trying to install qoauth from sourcery:

Code: Select all

qoauth-1.0.1-src/doc/examples/getResources2.cpp
-unix is deprecated.
cd src/ && /usr/bin/qmake /usr/src/slapt-src/libraries/qoauth/qoauth-1.0.1-src/src/src.pro -unix PREFIX=/usr DOCDIR=/usr/doc/qoauth-1.0.1 QMAKE_CFLAGS=-O2\ -fPIC QMAKE_CXXFLAGS=-O2\ -fPIC -o Makefile
-unix is deprecated.
cd src/ && make -f Makefile 
make[1]: se ingresa al directorio `/usr/src/slapt-src/libraries/qoauth/qoauth-1.0.1-src/src'
make -f Makefile.Shared
make[2]: se ingresa al directorio `/usr/src/slapt-src/libraries/qoauth/qoauth-1.0.1-src/src'
/usr/lib64/qt/bin/moc -DQOAUTH -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/lib64/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/lib64/qt/include/QtCore -I/usr/lib64/qt/include/QtNetwork -I/usr/lib64/qt/include -I. -Itmp interface.h -o tmp/moc_interface.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -fPIC -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQOAUTH -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/lib64/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/lib64/qt/include/QtCore -I/usr/lib64/qt/include/QtNetwork -I/usr/lib64/qt/include -I. -Itmp -o tmp/interface.o interface.cpp
In file included from interface.cpp:21:0:
interface.h:33:20: error fatal: QtCrypto: No existe el fichero o el directorio
 #include <QtCrypto>
                    ^
compilación terminada.
make[2]: *** [tmp/interface.o] Error 1
make[2]: se sale del directorio `/usr/src/slapt-src/libraries/qoauth/qoauth-1.0.1-src/src'
make[1]: *** [shared] Error 2
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/usr/src/slapt-src/libraries/qoauth/qoauth-1.0.1-src/src'
make: *** [sub-src-make_default-ordered] Error 2
fakeroot -- sh qoauth.SlackBuild Error
Where I can find the missing dependency? Even I have to install some applications more and I do not like to be resorting to the forum every time something similar happens to me :lol: so any tip or advice will be very helpful to me.

Thanks in advance...
Last edited by icaroperseo on 19. Nov 2014, 21:01, edited 2 times in total.

gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: How to find missing dependencies?

Post by gapan »

You just need to pay attention to the error messages.

The first one is probably called libtidy. I have found this, which is probably it:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tidy/

but there are no source tarballs, you'll have to use cvs to get the source. There seem to be a few cloned repos in github, so maybe you can use those.

The second one is definitely qt. Install that through gslapt and you should be OK. I added it now to the qoauth dependencies.
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

libtidy is on kdewebdev slackware package

QtCrypto is on qca slackware package and there is one file on qt package.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Thanks for the correction djemos. I thought I had seen libtidy somewhere and I found it weird not being a part of any package.
icaroperseo
Donor

Post by icaroperseo »

Thanks a lot everyone :D it was very helpful!!!
djemos wrote:libtidy is on kdewebdev slackware package

QtCrypto is on qca slackware package and there is one file on qt package.
@djemos Is there any way to determine the dependencies in this case? That is, I never imagined that the dependencies were within these packages (kdewebdev & qca) and both package managers do not provide clues to this. How to deal with a situation like this? (I am very interested in this particular point because I like to create my own packages and I would be very helpful to learn to do it myself :roll: ).

Thanks again...

djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

1. at compile time examine the errors. Usually says what is missing so you can install it.
2. when run an already compiled binary app, run this app from a terminal. So you can see the missing library.
3. For existed apps on repos look at PACKAGES.TXT or .dep files where are the dependencies. For example qca need cxxlibs|gcc-g++,gcc,glib2,qt,zlib

About kdewebdev & qca i agree this is a special occasion and i knew it because of experience and i also had to solve it in the past while developing salix kde iso's.
icaroperseo
Donor

Post by icaroperseo »

djemos wrote:1. at compile time examine the errors. Usually says what is missing so you can install it.
2. when run an already compiled binary app, run this app from a terminal. So you can see the missing library.
3. For existed apps on repos look at PACKAGES.TXT or .dep files where are the dependencies. For example qca need cxxlibs|gcc-g++,gcc,glib2,qt,zlib

About kdewebdev & qca i agree this is a special occasion and i knew it because of experience and i also had to solve it in the past while developing salix kde iso's.
Thank you very much for answering, it was very kind of you!

Regards...