Serverbuild

Here you can post links to your contributed packages.
chmuri

Serverbuild

Post by chmuri »

How to create auto compile for salix packages on ubuntu? I would like to create auto compiler who will constantly build packages an put it on mirror for our community.Is there a posibility for that on non salix or slackware systems? How is this used for main auto build package systems?
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Re: Serverbuild

Post by mimosa »

Nothing like that is going to work. Salix packages need to be built and run on Slackware / Salix.
chmuri

Post by chmuri »

Ok but when i have it how to automate to create self creating packages for salix?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Actually, you could do Salix chroots in almost any distribution. You only need to have a somewhat recent kernel in the host distribution and to install spkg. I haven't tested it with any other distributions, but salix-chroot-install should work, as long as spkg is installed:
https://github.com/gapan/salix-chroot-install

You can extract the spkg binary from the salix packages and put it in your host distributions /usr/local/bin I guess. After that you can use salix-chroot-install to install salix somewhere in your HD according to the instructions.

After you have set up everything, if you want to build lots of packages, I guess you could just make a list of them in a file and then run something like:

Code: Select all

for i in `cat LIST`; do spi -i $i; done
Of course, a more isolated solution could be using a Salix VM.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

gapan, it's amazing you can do that :)

chmuri, I don't fully understand what you're intending to do. Why the need to constantly rebuild the packages? Can't you just sync to the Salix / Slackware repositories (for security updates)? Or just host a mirror?