[SOLVED] Chromium keeps popping up Keyring window

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
laplume
Donor

[SOLVED] Chromium keeps popping up Keyring window

Post by laplume »

Hello,

I finally replaced my 14.0 install with the most recent 14.2 on my old home laptop. As expected, everything works fine. :D
Since there was no Chromium package available I decided to grab the latest 32bit package from AlienBob repo http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbu ... /pkg/14.2/
Install was plain easy but I noticed that everytime I open Chromium a window appears asking me to enter a keyring password to make the application run.
I just click 4/5 times on the 'Cancel' button, the window disappears and I can use the browser normally.
That's indeed a minor annoyance but is there any means to get rid of this kehyring password request?
I already cancelled the /home/.local/share/keyrings folder as well as tried to start the application with the command

Code: Select all

chromium --password-store=basic

as it seemed to be a workaround to solve the issue according to my fidnings in some forums,
but, alas, to no avail up to now.
As I said, it's not a big issue but it's a bit annoying.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Antonio
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Chromium keeps popping up Keyring window

Post by gapan »

No idea about chrome, but try installing seahorse. Open it and check your default keyring. You can right click on it and change the default password. You can always put an empty password in there I think.
ChuangTzu
Donor

Post by ChuangTzu »

This may help, one of the suggestions you have already utilized, the others may work: https://askubuntu.com/questions/31786/c ... on-startup
laplume
Donor

[Solved] Chromium keeps popping up Keyring window

Post by laplume »

Hello All,
Tried with Seahorse but still the problem persist. I will try to play a bit with the settings to see if I can remove the keyring window.
Anyway I can live with it; it's just something appering at the start and does not affect software performance at all.

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Antonio

Edit: finally I was able to delete old passwaord and set a blank password via seahorse. The keyring window has disappeared. Marking the thread as solved.
Thanks for ponting me int he right direction.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Did you set the keyring password to a blank one using seahorse?
laplume
Donor

Post by laplume »

Hello Gapan,
Correct. I replaced the old password with a blank one using Seahorse and the issue was gone.

Regards,
Antonio