Does my laptop support Salix?

Other talk about Salix
ChuangTzu
Donor

Re: Does my laptop support Salix?

Post by ChuangTzu »

I would start there, the live cd's are a bit older but it should give you an idea. You could also try Slackels livecd since it should have a newer kernel being based on Slackware current and Salix. Slackware also has a live cd thanks to Eric (alienbob).
Artim
Donor

Post by Artim »

Chances are if everything works okay using a LiveCD or USB stick, it will work as well or better once installed to your computer.
icanttellyou

Post by icanttellyou »

I just checked the live iso. And it boots without any Xorg issues. It also works on UEFI.
Artim
Donor

Post by Artim »

icanttellyou wrote: 15. Jul 2019, 07:55 I just checked the live iso. And it boots without any Xorg issues. It also works on UEFI.
Excellent! Then chances are good that it will work even better and faster installed to your computer.
icanttellyou

Post by icanttellyou »

The only thing I will have to do is fix the dpi using XFCE settings and by using XRandR.
Bird
Donor

Post by Bird »

Try different fonts in different sizes. I use "Luxi Sans" 9 as title font and "Sans" 8 for the text on a small, 11-year-old netbook with a screen of 1024x600. Also, try to disable anti-aliasing in the settings somewhere. Couldn't be sharper.