Playing On Salix - How?

If you have any suggestions or ideas about improving Salix, here's the place to post them.
lurker666

Playing On Salix - How?

Post by lurker666 »

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well.

My question is, what are the requirements to play on Salix? I work too much and want to relax. I used to play a lot on spyware windows, but I just downloaded and launched it there.

I have downloaded Wine from Alien (downloaded from slackbuilds has some problem, it gives an error), and also Lutris. I downloaded a game (not a new one, a very old Need For Speed), but I can't do anything with it, I run the "Setup.exe" file with Wine, but it gives an error, and I can't touch Lutris.

I don't mean new games, but retro and classics like older versions of Need For Speed, etc.

PlayonLinux would be a good alternative, but there it complains about Wine, some GPL Error if I remember correctly. I don't know how to install the drivers (AMD integrated GPU), I'm stupid for that.

Can you help me with instructions if possible? Because I don't know how to do this and I'm in the dark. I was thinking about systems like Nobara, but on Salix everything is doable I think, and I hate systemd distributions anyway.

So I should install Wine and the graphics drivers. Can you help me with this?

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day!
ChuangTzu
Donor

Re: Playing On Salix - How?

Post by ChuangTzu »

Play on Linux might be better. What specific error are you getting?
lurker666

Post by lurker666 »

ChuangTzu wrote: 21. Jul 2023, 22:46 Play on Linux might be better. What specific error are you getting?
Hi!

I installed PlayonLinux with all its components, so it works. But whatever I do in it, I keep getting the following error in the program -

Code: Select all

Error in POL_Wine
Wine seems to have crashed

If your program is running, just ignore this message
When I want to install a component, it says this. If I want to create something in it, it says this. I have installed Wine with great difficulty, but only the 64bit version is on the system, not the 32bit version. Another message when I open PlayonLinux:

PlayOnLinux is unable to find 32bits OpenGL libraries.

You might encounter problem with your games
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Try the flatpak:
https://flathub.org/apps/org.phoenicis.playonlinux

Wine needs 32bit libraries, which are not available in a 64bit installation. You could install multilib, but really, don't do that.
lurker666

Post by lurker666 »

gapan wrote: 22. Jul 2023, 20:56 Try the flatpak:
https://flathub.org/apps/org.phoenicis.playonlinux

Wine needs 32bit libraries, which are not available in a 64bit installation. You could install multilib, but really, don't do that.
I have installed PlayOnLinux without problems, the problem I think is with Wine. When I type

wine
in Terminal, there is just

wine64
is available. I think I need to install Wine32, just I don't know how can I do this. I don't find Wine32 In Slackbuilds, so I don't know this. It is possible to install it?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Wine should be available through the playonlinux flatpak, you won't find available by its own. So launching stuff from within playonlinux should work.