Support to 14.2

General talk about packaging procedures and packages.
Danyel

Support to 14.2

Post by Danyel »

I m still using the 14.2 version, in my old PC is very fast and I can use Firefox last version, the devedition edition, using AppImage. So I would like to ask when the support for 14.2 will end.
TIA
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Support to 14.2

Post by gapan »

Hard to say. Stuff is still being updated in 14.2 (and 14.1, even 14.0). If there is a security update and it is possible to update something, it will be updated. Probably a couple of more years? Don't know, there is no roadmap or anything. In any case, it would be preferable to upgrade to 15.0.
Danyel

Post by Danyel »

There is something about 15.0 that drive me crazy. I need to type using Portuguese, so I must type characters like "'" "~" and so on. What happens is this: 15 first makes ´ appears on the screen, then "e" so the resulting: é. There is a little lag while this happen. Form what I can remember, not even Wordstar for Dos did it back 1987... :-)
Bird
Donor

Post by Bird »

Salix 15 is more ressource hungry than 14.2, so a handful of old hardware fell off the cliff, like a P3 from 2000 or this tiny netbook with an Atom processor from 2009. 14.2 is the better choice on those old machines.
Which writing software do you use? Libreoffice? Quite a big program as well, also lagging a bit here. What about trying a small text editor (Leafpad for example)? Do you have the input lag there as well?