Newest llvm update fails

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Re: Newest llvm update fails

Post by laprjns »

Just a heads up. I learned today that some flatpak packages (Cura and FreeCAD) would not start up correctly. The only thing displayed was the top window bar as if the window was rolled up. This was happening on both of my computers. After a little troubleshooting, I tracked it down to a compatibility problem with the new llvm package and needed to install llvm13-compat. See the changelog:

Code: Select all

Sun Feb 18 21:03:57 UTC 2024
extra/llvm-17.0.6-x86_64-1_slack15.0.txz: Added.
       In case anyone needs a newer compiler.
extra/llvm13-compat-13.0.0-x86_64-1_slack15.0.txz: Added.
       In case anyone needs to run binaries linked to the old compiler.
“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Yes, laprjns, you're right. I had noticed that too. The llvm-17.0 package depends on llvm13-compat since a couple of days ago. But everyone who had upgraded before I added the dependency didn't get it. I wanted to post about it, but kept forgetting to.

EDIT: I just checked that I had actually applied that and it seems I'd only done that on the x86_64 repo. Oops. I just made the change to the 32bit repo too.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Well, I seem to have found another bug in slapt-get. Even though the llvm-17.0 package included llvm13-compat in its dependencies, slapt-get reads the dependencies for the llvm-13.0 package instead, even for the llvm-17.0 package. I had to add llvm13-compat to both 13 and 17 versions, since everyone will be upgrading to the 17 package the way the repos are setup. It's not really needed for the llvm-13.0 package, but it doesn't hurt either.