13.1 alpha -- kde dependencies

You think you have found a bug? Let us know about it.
vredfreak

13.1 alpha -- kde dependencies

Post by vredfreak »

I just updated to kde 4.4.3 on 13.1 alpha. I'm not sure exactly which kde package it is (kdebase or kderuntime, maybe), but logging into a kde session from gdm fails because it can't find a library called libattica. Installing the "attica" package from the repos solves the issue.

I also get a notification that "Nepomuk Semantic Desktop needs the Virtuoso RDF server to store its data. Installing the Virtuoso Soprano plugin is mandatory." I found a virtuoso-ose package, but that does not seem to solve the issue. This one isn't a show stopper, though.

EDIT: It appears that you need both the virtuoso-ose and libiodbc packages installed for nepomuk to quit whining and the server to get started. However, it now complains about not having sesame2 and "Existing data can not be accessed.". There do not appear to be any packages for sesame in either the repos or on slackbuilds.org, so I'll build it manually and see if that solves the problem.

Thanks,
vredfreak
vredfreak

Re: 13.1 alpha -- kde dependencies

Post by vredfreak »

Ok, before I get too deep into this thing:

Restarting nepomukserver from the command line spits out the following:

Code: Select all

[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] nepomukstorage(3833) Nepomuk::Repository::open: Unable to convert old model: can not load old backend "sesame2"
Ok, Edit again. It turns out that in order to get the sesame2 backend installed and nepomukserver to actually start and run, I had to install the "jdk" package and then manually download and rebuild soprano, which has the sesame2 binaries bundled with it. I'm assuming that the slackware/salix soprano package is not built with jdk as a dependency, and therefore the sesame2 backend doesn't get built?
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

Becareful with jdk/jre.
You may need jdk for creating the package, but most of the time, you only need jre to run it.
But yes, it could be that the slackware package has not been compiled with a java installed at compile-time.
vredfreak

Post by vredfreak »

JRD wrote:Becareful with jdk/jre.
You may need jdk for creating the package, but most of the time, you only need jre to run it.
But yes, it could be that the slackware package has not been compiled with a java installed at compile-time.

That's what I meant, that jdk was required in order for soprano to build the sesame2 backend. ;)
I would imagine that jre is enough if the backend is already built.

Still haven't got strigidaemon working yet (I get some "operation not permitted errors"), but I haven't had time to look into it yet.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

The dependencies for kde packages in current have not been updated after the last massive upgrade of kde packages in current. They need to be done from scratch as many things have changed, the addition of policykit+friends included. But everything that is needed to run kde should be included in slackware repositories in any case, nothing extra should be compiled.

A quick fix should probably be to install every package under slackware/l and slackware/kde. But maybe that will leave you with a few packages you don't really need, or not.
vredfreak

Post by vredfreak »

gapan wrote:The dependencies for kde packages in current have not been updated after the last massive upgrade of kde packages in current. They need to be done from scratch as many things have changed, the addition of policykit+friends included.
Ok, got it. The only real show stopper was the attica dependency. KDE session crashes without it.

Thanks.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

KDE dependencies should be OK now. Please report back if you find anything bad.