Compiz (and fusion)

If you have any suggestions or ideas about improving Salix, here's the place to post them.
oscar

Compiz (and fusion)

Post by oscar »

Hi.
Trying to install compiz with slapt-get, i saw that it has half of kde as dependencies, so i gave up. Then i compiled it by myself, adding to the configure a "disable-kde4" option and it worked. I became curious, so i tried also to compile some compiz-fusion elements (compiz-bcop, libcompizconfig, compizconfig-python, ccsm, simple-ccsm, compiz-fusion-plugins-main) and i think that the only dependency i had to install is pyrex (installed from repo).
I just wanted to share this. Maybe u can recompile compiz using the "disable-kde4" option and then offer it in the repo free from dependencies, or go further and offer a fairly complete compiz-fusion. My slackbuilds are available, of course.
Thanks and greetings.
JRD
Salix Warrior

Re: Compiz (and fusion)

Post by JRD »

Good, could you post your SLKBUILDs and your packages please ? I want to test :)
oscar

Post by oscar »

No problem.
Is there a way to upload them here or should I put them on a public ftp or file sharing service?
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

oscar wrote:No problem.
Is there a way to upload them here or should I put them on a public ftp or file sharing service?
Hi Oscar,

If you are planning to contribute regularly to Salix (as it seems you might ;) ) I could provide you with your own Salix ftp account. Interested?

You'll find useful packaging info, including the usual procedure for submitting packages to Salix repo, here: http://www.salixos.org/wiki/index.php/C ... :Packaging
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
oscar

Post by oscar »

If you are planning to contribute regularly to Salix (as it seems you might ;) ) I could provide you with your own Salix ftp account. Interested?
Oh thanks! Yes, I could be interested this time, because I find this distro amazing. I don't have much time (and no time at all during the weekends usually), but I can try to see what i can do. Until now I always followed the slackbuilds.org rules for packaging, but on monday I'll read yours and see... ;-)
oscar

Post by oscar »

For who's interested, a complete compiz-fusion set is maintained at slackbuilds.org and it works perfectly on Salix. I just think we should remove all the unnecessary dependencies from the Salix repository's compiz package.
Thanks.
pwatk

Post by pwatk »

I just think we should remove all the unnecessary dependencies from the Salix repository's compiz package
This would make a lot more sense :idea:
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

There is no compiz package in the Salix repository. :D
oscar

Post by oscar »

I mean the stock slackware compiz package in our repositories, that take with it half of kde and more as dependencies.