SOLVED - geeqie

If there's software you need and you can't find, make a request for it.
jbs1136

SOLVED - geeqie

Post by jbs1136 »

I would like to know if there is a 64 bit version of geeqie. I have used it before and really like it. I know there is a 32 bit version available and have it installed on my wife's laptop. Can I build it on 64 if I have multilibs installed?

Thanks for any answers,

john
Last edited by jbs1136 on 13. Apr 2010, 05:32, edited 1 time in total.
jbs1136

Re: geeqie

Post by jbs1136 »

Please disregard the post above as a "Senior Moment". After I thought about it I remembered that I had built and installed on slackware 13_64. I like the slkbuild a lot better, easier to use. Just to be safe in downloaded, ./configure, make, make install and everything worked so I did make uninstall and built the package.

My thanks for whoever is responsible for slkbuild,

john
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: SOLVED - geeqie

Post by gapan »

For what it's worth, geeqie is part of slackware-current now and has replaced gqview. So, it's going to be available in the repositories for 13.1.
jbs1136

Post by jbs1136 »

Thanks, good news for me.

john
pwatk

Post by pwatk »

I know it would add a few extra MB to the ISO but I'd sooner see Geeqie installed by default than Viewnoir.
Shador

Post by Shador »

Another alternative could be mirage, which is really low on deps. Only the python stuff it requires might give some problems.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

We should stay to Viewnoir. It's just the fastest viewer I've used so far. Faster than Mirage.
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
Shador

Post by Shador »

Faster as in what? Regarding startup and image loading, I didn't perceive any noticeable difference.
What I like about mirage that it provides some built-in image editing capabilities (i.e. I mustn't load gimp for everything) and gives you an overview of the images in the same folder. Really nice when searching for one image. The preview feature of the file manager is no alternative as it requires to switch windows/applications and thus is much slower.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

It doesn't has rotate image buttons in the tool button bar, which imho is a must have for an easy to use image viewer. I've used Mirage for some time in the past, I just like Viewnoir better now ;)
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

thenktor wrote:It doesn't has rotate image buttons in the tool button bar, which imho is a must have for an easy to use image viewer. I've used Mirage for some time in the past, I just like Viewnoir better now ;)
Definitely !