They said what?

Talk about other linux distributions, or even other OSes.
Prime

They said what?

Post by Prime »

Some of you may have read or heard that Novell, insert color metaphor here, turned down a five billion dollar buyout proposal from a New York investment group. Novell has seen a steady revenue drop in the past few years, well really since they got into bed with Microsoft. The funny thing is the only part of Novell to finish in the black this past year was their Linux server support and the SUSE Enterprise Linux OS. That is not a big surprise since Red Hat posted a 15% profit for the past year.

Then I read that Novell would not rule out the option of a buyout by another company if it fitted their needs, even Microsoft. If this were to happen the Microsoft could claim some intellectual rights over Linux, and no matter where you were in the world you would be able to hear Richard Stallman's head explode.
"Computer Do Something!! Sure thing fella! Switching to manual controls, Good Luck!" The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Duncan_Idaho

Re: They said what?

Post by Duncan_Idaho »

Prime wrote:If this were to happen the Microsoft could claim some intellectual rights over Linux, and no matter where you were in the world you would be able to hear Richard Stallman's head explode.
oh god, I laughed SO hard at that part that I almost cried
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Prime

Post by Prime »

Glad you liked it!
"Computer Do Something!! Sure thing fella! Switching to manual controls, Good Luck!" The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Windtalker

Post by Windtalker »

Microsoft could claim some intellectual rights.......Richard Stallman.
Wouldn't one be required to have a reasonable intellect to have intellectual rights?