Browser startpage

If you have any suggestions or ideas about improving Salix, here's the place to post them.
Quintux

Browser startpage

Post by Quintux »

Can you not change the startpage? I have changed it several times to my google page and yet it continues to go back to the crappy salix google page.....What are we, microsux?
damNageHack

Re: Browser startpage

Post by damNageHack »

You'll probably find the answer there:
http://www.salixos.org/forum/viewtopic. ... start+page
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Quintux wrote:Can you not change the startpage? I have changed it several times to my google page and yet it continues to go back to the crappy salix google page.....What are we, microsux?
Is that an offer? Are you going to design a better one? We'll certainly use it if you do and we think it's actually better.
zAchAry

Post by zAchAry »

gapan wrote:Is that an offer? Are you going to design a better one? We'll certainly use it if you do and we think it's actually better.
BTW, we can ask people at UserScripts.org or UserStyles.org, if it's necessary.
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
Quintux

Post by Quintux »

gapan wrote:
Quintux wrote:Can you not change the startpage? I have changed it several times to my google page and yet it continues to go back to the crappy salix google page.....What are we, microsux?
Is that an offer? Are you going to design a better one? We'll certainly use it if you do and we think it's actually better.

Naaa....That was mostly frustration. The default start page is fine and well done, I was just pulling my hair out as to why I could not set it to my on.

No insults meant to the creator.
pwatk

Post by pwatk »

Things like this would be better handled by the global prefs.js rather than each user's user.js.