New forum theme

thenktor
Salix Wizard

New forum theme

Post by thenktor »

There is a new forum theme available. It's called 1thank_salix. You can switch to it in your user control panel at the board preferences.
Please have a look on it and report your opinion ;)

I'd like to set this theme as default because the old theme is not fully compatible with the latest phpbb version.
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
Shador

Re: New forum theme

Post by Shador »

I like the general very clean and modern appearance much. I still have to get used to some rearrangements, but that's no problem.

Some suggestions:
  • Is it possible to increase the width of the middle part? It's wasting about half of my 1920x1080 screen with background. I think it got the "bodyarea" id.
  • Could you increase the font size of the topic headings, breadcrumbs, .... It seems even for my young eyes quite small? Maybe the button to change the font size should affect those too.
  • This might be just me, but the post content seems to me a bit too dark/strong. Maybe I'm only not used to it yet. What do you think?
  • The "Select All" button of the code fields isn't working here with firefox. Just me?
fredg

Post by fredg »

A good work, I like it.

Something to say (else it's not funny ;) ):
This very very tiny trouble is on a netbook screen (1024x600), the forum locale is set up to french.
The police is a little bit too big for some things in the "search area" (up, right): the "search" button, and below, the "advance search".

The rest seems perfect.

++
tsuren

Post by tsuren »

looks super nice! thanks!
'Tommorow is like today, just happens tomorrow.'
Antid Oto

Post by Antid Oto »

Good work. I'll like it as default.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

It's not bad. The "Advanced search" text at the top of the page is cropped for me, I can only read "Advanced sea". Making the main part wider would be nice too.
JRD
Salix Warrior

Post by JRD »

I don't really like it like it is now. But maybe with some improvements…
Reasons:
  • Fixed width, and the width is too small. In 2010, it's insane to have a fixed width for website!
  • French locale so maybe only related to this: the buttons are hardly readable (police or size or alias...not sure what is wrong). Exemple: http://uppix.net/4/e/e/32a4864fe2d992b5 ... 1b77cc.png
  • I have problems in the menus (probably easy to fix): One has a dark mark on it, one is on the second line and the round corner is weird. Screenshot: http://uppix.net/e/f/f/4d488a9725141b6f ... 5f058d.png
  • Font-size is a little bit too small, maybe only 1pt more and it's ok. But better use "em" for font size than "pt". So it will be ok on all OS/browser/screen size.
  • The color difference between two consecutive posts are not very clear. I like the colors used (sort of gray variant) but it's hard to tell the différence between a post and another.
  • The green color is not predominent. I like Salix to be recognize by this color, and on this new theme, there is only the banner which is green.
What I like (yes I like some):
  • Flowers in the footer...even if not really visible as it is in the footer. There is also flowers in the forums menu bar...but it's gray. It should be green (hint, use gamma to make it green).
  • Gradiant colors.
  • Menu style.
  • Search box very visible. It's really important on a forum.
Sorry...but I'm like that: direct and honest.
wayne

Post by wayne »

I have just changed to this theme and use it for a while.

I like it :) :D
timatou

Post by timatou »

Yeah I like it ^^
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

I'll try to add some suggested improvements and fixes, but probably I won't have time for it before weekend. It's quite time consuming to find all the stuff in the css and html files (I'm not a phpbb theme expert ;) ).
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)