Salix Xfce 13.37beta3

mimosa
Salix Warrior

Re: Salix Xfce 13.37beta3

Post by mimosa »

Ah, I misinterpreted "fixed for good" ;)

Apart from that, it's looking very good indeed. I look forward to making the 13.37 release of "Salix for Brazil" shortly :D
Antid Oto

Post by Antid Oto »

Yeah! Slackware 13.37 finally come. But still working with xfce 4.6.2. Is it possible that the new Salix include xfce 4.8? It would be great ... ;)
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Antid Oto wrote:Yeah! Slackware 13.37 finally come. But still working with xfce 4.6.2. Is it possible that the new Salix include xfce 4.8? It would be great ... ;)
No.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

Antid Oto wrote:Yeah! Slackware 13.37 finally come. But still working with xfce 4.6.2. Is it possible that the new Salix include xfce 4.8? It would be great ... ;)
The only way to have 4.8 is to use third party packages like this: http://connie.slackware.com/~rworkman/xfce-4.8/ Of course with the usual drawbacks of third party packages, e.g. warnings like mentioned here: http://www.salixos.org/wiki/index.php/H ... Salix_13.1
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
phayz

Post by phayz »

I wasn't quite sure where to post this question but it seems most relevant here.

Assuming I'm running SalixOS 13.1.2 and want to upgrade to the next stable version, which I'm assuming will be SalixOS 13.37, what's the recommended procedure? I note in the beta announcements that the kernel has been upgraded, but the kernel package is marked as to be ignored. Do I simply remove it from the list of packages to be ignored?

Please excuse me if this is mentioned elsewhere. I searched the forums for a similar post but couldn't find anything. I also read through the SalixOS Startup Guide and couldn't find an answer there either.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

phayz wrote:Assuming I'm running SalixOS 13.1.2 and want to upgrade to the next stable version, which I'm assuming will be SalixOS 13.37, what's the recommended procedure?.
Search the wiki. ;)
pevsner

Post by pevsner »

Great work developers ty.
64 bit with multilibs running smooth, sleek and fast.
I had updated from 13.0>13.1 and been running current for ages so decided to do a fresh install with 13.37 beta3.
The only problem I ran into was with "lilo setup" which crashed x & froze (unfortunately no lilosetup.log was created at that instance). I subsequently rebooted to init3 installed nvidia, as error was to do with x, added lilo entries manually, then re-ran "lilo setup" and all is good now.
solar

Post by solar »

Hi, I installed Salix 13.37beta3 Core from usb stick, just want to create light fluxbox system. But when I run slapt-get --install-set x it install also all the KDE packages, but I do not want KDE :shock: , what did I do wrong? And how to install only X packages? Thanks.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

solar wrote:Hi, I installed Salix 13.37beta3 Core from usb stick, just want to create light fluxbox system. But when I run slapt-get --install-set x it install also all the KDE packages, but I do not want KDE :shock: , what did I do wrong? And how to install only X packages? Thanks.
There must be some dependency that is screwing things up. I'll take a better look later. For now, you can probably go on without any problems with

Code: Select all

slapt-get --install-set x --no-dep
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

I'm having a problem with keybindings in menus. For instance, ALT-F brings up the file menu in Writer, but u or CTRL-U or whatever it is doesn't bring up recently opened files - only clicking with the mouse. I attributed this to the fact that I'm using xmonad, but the problem also occurred when I ran an xfce session recently.