muttator

Other talk about Salix
mimosa
Salix Warrior

muttator

Post by mimosa »

Just downloaded Thunderbird to see if I wanted to recommend it to someone; and then I thought I'd have a look at Muttator. The latest version of Thunderbird is 3.1.11, and the Salix repos have 3.1.10. But Muttator's latest version says it is for Thunderbird 3. 3.-something! Thunderbird rejects it as incompatible, and also two older versions of Muttator available for download. There is no "Thunderbird 3.3 beta" or the like, as far as I can see.

I checked src for other versions of Thunderbird, to no avail. I'm using 13.37.

Is there anybody who's using Muttator who can shed any light on this?
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Re: muttator

Post by laprjns »

I'm not using muttator, but it appears that it's muttator that's not keeping pace with Thunderbird. The Add-on page for muttator says that it compatible with Thunderbird version 3.0.0 - 3.0.*, meaning only versions of 3.0.
Works with Thunderbird 3.0 - 3.0.*
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunde ... /muttator/

Looks like your out of luck unless you want to downgrade Thunderbird to 3.0
Rich
“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Well,that's even weirder. The muttator page on the vimperator site has different numbers. Never mind, I'll try it out if they ever get back in synch! Thanks :)
Duncan_Idaho

Post by Duncan_Idaho »

why don't you try Teledactyl? it's a fork of muttator made by some of their devs, they also made a fork of vimperator and it's called Pentadactly, mor info at the Dactyl project page http://dactyl.sourceforge.net/home

EDIT: forgot to tell that teledactyl is still in alpha, so it has to be build by hand :(
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

Thanks Duncan_Idaho!

I already use Pentadactyl in preference to Vimperator (when I use Firefox), so I`ll check out Teledactyl with favourable expectations.