[SOLVED] Gslapt and SLKBUILD

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
chakuari

[SOLVED] Gslapt and SLKBUILD

Post by chakuari »

Hello everybody!

I become interested in Interactive Fiction, so I tried installing some tools. Under Win32 I used Gargoyle to play .z5 and .blb files made with Inform, so when I saw it into Salix repo I immediately installed it. Unfortunately, in the repo there's a 2010 version which causes problems and doesn't open the files (erors regarding "terp" things...). While using Sourcery for another package I found a newer version of Gargoyle, 2011. I tried it and it works fine.

Now, my question is: in the repo there's an old version, but I installed a newer version with Sourcery, so every time I have updates my 2011 version is substitued by the 2010 one, and I have to reinstall it again.

Is it possible to have the 2011 version in the repo, instead of the old one, or is there a way to tell Gslapt not to update a package installed via Sourcery, as it is newer?

Thx in advance.

P.S.: I'm trying to buld an inform version 6 package with SLKBUILD, for whoever prefers this version instead of using gnome-inform7. ;)
Last edited by chakuari on 26. Jul 2012, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
Shador

Re: Gslapt and SLKBUILD

Post by Shador »

There are basically two ways. Either you setup a local personal repository (on your local machine or in some network location) and add it to your package manager with higher priority (CUSTOM). Then any package you add to that repository will take precedence over Slackware and Salix packages.
The straightforward solution is just to add the affected package to the blacklist in /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc and to manually update the package if needed.
chakuari

Re: Gslapt and SLKBUILD

Post by chakuari »

Tried the second option. Thanks a lot!
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: [SOLVED] Gslapt and SLKBUILD

Post by gapan »

chakuari wrote:Unfortunately, in the repo there's a 2010 version which causes problems and doesn't open the files (erors regarding "terp" things...).
Yeah. But you can actually play the z-machine games by using the engine directly, like

Code: Select all

gargoyle-frotz game.z5
Also, for z-machine files you can use frotz or zoom too.
chakuari wrote:P.S.: I'm trying to buld an inform version 6 package with SLKBUILD, for whoever prefers this version instead of using gnome-inform7. ;)
inform v6 is actually included in the gnome-inform7 package. Inform7 files are compiled to inform6 first anyway. ;)
chakuari

Re: [SOLVED] Gslapt and SLKBUILD

Post by chakuari »

gapan wrote: Yeah. But you can actually play the z-machine games by using the engine directly, like

Code: Select all

gargoyle-frotz game.z5
Also, for z-machine files you can use frotz or zoom too.
Oh, great. Thx for the tip on gargoyle-frotz! I tried zoom, but I don't like it very much. I prefer Gargoyle with its anti-aliasing rendering, and zoom also had some errors with .blb files.
gapan wrote:inform v6 is actually included in the gnome-inform7 package. Inform7 files are compiled to inform6 first anyway. ;)
Yes, I know. It's just that release 6 system suits me more (more programmer-like ;-) ), and I prefer to use lighter systems. Thx anyway, gapan.