Salix Xfce 14.0beta1

mimosa
Salix Warrior

Re: Salix Xfce 14.0beta1

Post by mimosa »

That does look hard to package, but it might not be so difficult to configure it manually for your own system. What's conky-lua though?
portaro

Post by portaro »

Hello mimosa and thanks for your answer-

The config of conky.lua
I find the tutorial about the real developer of conky control is here -<
http://forum.ubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.php?pid=9150631

The conky control uses an custom config of conky with a 2 folders on the /home path
1- /.conky -> here the author put the conkys configs splited on a folders like (conky 1 - inside you find conky config and if need conky.lua and fonts) other conkys configs go in other folder conky 2, conky 3 ....
2- /.scripts -> the conky control appear on a XFCE Voyager with right click and you can choose one or more conkys at same time to put on your xfce desk.
( in this folder you hava a launcher sh with name conky - this is the launcher of gui conky control.

The team of salix (i think) can make a selection of some conkys (i can put some of mines) and with the config of voyager maybe the salix team can make some launcher like the conky control of voyager.

IN slackware i dont have notice of any distro uses this, but i know Manjaro Linux, and Arch uses this tool, beacuse is excellent to improve you desk appearance, its very good, but the problem the conky-control is a debian developed, Ubuntu, to migrate the ppa package is impossible i think, maybe salix team have an idea to put some tool like this on slack.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

That looks like quite a lot of work. If you fancy trying your hand at it, I'm sure you'd get plenty of support on this forum. :)
fredg

Post by fredg »

Found the gpa bug.
gpa relies on gpgme which was built against gnupg2, and not gnupg.

++
sqlpython
Donor

Post by sqlpython »

Xfce w/ Slack 14 Great News!!
This will be the one to get me off of Slack 13.1
Slackware ( Manjaro ) Salix, AntiX, Bunsen, Calculate
jayseye

Post by jayseye »

Transmission reports "unregistered torrent pass" as mentioned in this old post: http://www.salixos.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 404&p=2388 . Tested the suggestions found in that thread; they fail to help.

Running Salix Fluxbox 13.37 with all patches applied. Normal download speed from SourceForge is poor from my location. Any ideas to get the torrent working? Thanks!
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

I can't connect to my AIM accounts using Pidgin. Getting the error "Server requires TLS/SSL, but no TLS/SSL support was found". I can connect through Pidgin on other distros.
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
cm1967

Post by cm1967 »

Just out of curiosity, with the 13.x releases, I had to build the Broadcom 4312 wireless drivers. Are they included in the 14.x release or will they still need to be built? No worries if I still need to build them. I'm just curious to know what I'll need to do if I download and start testing. Thanks!
fredg

Post by fredg »

Just out of curiosity, with the 13.x releases, I had to build the Broadcom 4312 wireless drivers. Are they included in the 14.x release or will they still need to be built? No worries if I still need to build them. I'm just curious to know what I'll need to do if I download and start testing.
You just need to install b43-fwcutter.
Check it here:
http://people.salixos.org/pwatk/package ... -fwcutter/

Then, the updated firmware is here:
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43
choose: If you are using the b43 driver from 3.2 kernel or newer:

Code: Select all

# export FIRMWARE_INSTALL_DIR="/lib/firmware"
# wget http://www.lwfinger.com/b43-firmware/broadcom-wl-5.100.138.tar.bz2
# tar xjf broadcom-wl-5.100.138.tar.bz2
# b43-fwcutter -w "$FIRMWARE_INSTALL_DIR" broadcom-wl-5.100.138/linux/wl_apsta.o
run wicd and enjoy.

++
loukingjr

Post by loukingjr »

Dumb question perhaps. Wouldn't be my first :) Since Salix 14 is based on slackware 14 is it safe to install packages from their repos?
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7