[FIXED] User's home directory not being properly created

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: User's home directory not being properly created on 13.0.2

Post by gapan »

How big is your hard drive? There might be a bug with autopartitioning and certain sizes. That other report was a different bug actually, the installer didn't support separate /home partitions during installation. Now it does, but lets see what the bug is, because I can't reproduce it here with my own settings. :roll:
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

I've managed to reproduce it with a big enough hard drive. Yes, it is a bug and it's only triggered only if you autoinstall and if your hard drive is bigger than 15GB. The home directory is created, but it is created inside the / partition, but then a different /home partition is mounted on top of that, one that doesn't include the user home directory. :(
stuckinoregon

Post by stuckinoregon »

gapan wrote:How big is your hard drive?
one 40 and one is 60. These are both laptop machines so they're relatively small. Glad you figured it out. i'm extremely happy to report that Salix is working beautifully on both machines!!!
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

We have now released new iso images, versioned 13.0.2a that fix this bug. You can find them in the download page: http://www.salixos.org/wiki/index.php?title=Download

We feel really sorry for any trouble this bug might have caused.
stuckinoregon

Post by stuckinoregon »

gapan wrote:We have now released new iso images, versioned 13.0.2a that fix this bug. You can find them in the download page: http://www.salixos.org/wiki/index.php?title=Download

We feel really sorry for any trouble this bug might have caused.

No problem at all really. Just a head-scratcher. Sorry to make more work for you. It really is a pleasure to use for me so far. I've distrohopped for a long time but always love the debian and slackware based distros. So far, I haven't found anything to be missing and it certainly is super responsive. Excellent work guys. I will be sure to evangelize!!!
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

Sorry about the headaches and thanks for helping us to find this bug ;)
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)