Error opening configuration file ./ffmpeg.cfg: No such file.

You think you have found a bug? Let us know about it.
Bart

Error opening configuration file ./ffmpeg.cfg: No such file.

Post by Bart »

Hi, I'm trying to create an avi file from a DVD using k3b and transcode on SalixOS KDE 14.0.1. Trancode is version 1.1.7 taken from Slackbuild.org (transcode-1.1.7-i486-2_SBo). As soon as I launch k3b I get the following error:
Error opening configuration file. / Ffmpeg.cfg: No such file or directory
I can not understand if it is a bug in ffmpeg or in transcode. ffmpeg is installed: ffmpeg-0.11.2-i486-1gv
Thanks
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Error opening configuration file ./ffmpeg.cfg: No such f

Post by gapan »

I don't know about transcode, I have never used it. But ffmpeg definitely does not need any kind of configuration file. Also, I'm not sure if k3b is compiled with the options that are needed to do what you want. As it comes from Slackware, it probably isn't (codecs issues).

Why don't you use Handbrake?
Bart

Post by Bart »

gapan wrote:I don't know about transcode, I have never used it. But ffmpeg definitely does not need any kind of configuration file. Also, I'm not sure if k3b is compiled with the options that are needed to do what you want. As it comes from Slackware, it probably isn't (codecs issues).

Why don't you use Handbrake?
I don't know it. :roll: Having k3b I thought using that. It seems like k9copy...
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Well, try Handbrake. It's the better tool for the job.
Bart

Post by Bart »

gapan wrote:Well, try Handbrake. It's the better tool for the job.
Of course I will test it, thanks. The fact is that K3b uses Transcode as default encoder. K3b, being a "native" package in SalixOS 14.0.1, I wondered why there were not also Transcode. There is not even in the various repositories of Salix. Also if ffmpeg does not have any configuration files I can not explain the error reported. Reading on different forum I saw that it is a fairly common problem but I can not understand what package creates this issue.