How do I copy CD/DVD with xfburn ?

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
hc.e

How do I copy CD/DVD with xfburn ?

Post by hc.e »

Silly, I can't find a way to copy a CD/DVD with xfburn.
I personally use the command line.
But I got to show it to someone, how to do it with salix.
damNageHack

Re: How do I copy CD/DVD with xfburn ?

Post by damNageHack »

Install brasero with gslapt or via console. xfburn (libburn) is somehow buggy and should only be used if nothing other helps (see therefore the other threads here in forums)

Code: Select all

slapt-get -i brasero
slapt-get --remove libburn
root rights required
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

damNageHack wrote:Install brasero with gslapt or via console. xfburn (libburn) is somehow buggy and should only be used if nothing other helps (see therefore the other threads here in forums)

Code: Select all

slapt-get -i brasero
slapt-get --remove libburn
root rights required
Just because you had some problems with your hardware, that doesn't mean it's buggy for everyone. ;)

@hc.e
There is no direct copy in xfburn. You can do it in two steps, by creating an iso from the source disc and burning that iso later.
toothandnail

Post by toothandnail »

:) I've got to say that I had no luck with xfburn either. Every disk I burned ended with 'failure'. Installed Brasero a couple of days ago, and haven't had a failure since.....

paul.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

Install burncdda with slapt-get and use the copy cd function :-D Should work for data CDs as well.
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

toothandnail wrote::) I've got to say that I had no luck with xfburn either. Every disk I burned ended with 'failure'. Installed Brasero a couple of days ago, and haven't had a failure since.....

paul.
Same here, except I had no luck creating audio CD's while burning ISO images worked. Anyways, I installed K3B and had no problems at all since then.
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

I'm not having any problems with xfburn, but if other people do, maybe we should switch to brasero as the default burner in a full installation?
damNageHack

Post by damNageHack »

gapan wrote:I'm not having any problems with xfburn, but if other people do, maybe we should switch to brasero as the default burner in a full installation?
I would appreciate it. 8-)
AFAIK Zenalk switched to brasero at some time in past also, maybe for similiar reasons.
This is the oppinion of the author, it does not force you to share and is signed automatically.
You are free to keep them all errors for your own. Linux is the best game I ever played.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

damNageHack wrote:AFAIK Zenalk switched to brasero at some time in past also, maybe for similiar reasons.
Zenwalk switched to brasero when I built the package and proposed it. xfburn was not even an option back then. And I fail to see what that has to do with Salix.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

IMHO every gtk burner sucks :P I always install k3b ;) So I don't care which one we ship on the iso.
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)