How do I copy CD/DVD with xfburn ?

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Re: How do I copy CD/DVD with xfburn ?

Post by Akuna »

gapan wrote:maybe we should switch to brasero as the default burner in a full installation?
+1
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
toothandnail

Post by toothandnail »

gapan wrote:I'm not having any problems with xfburn, but if other people do, maybe we should switch to brasero as the default burner in a full installation?
:) That would suit me fine. Under Salix, Brasero is working better than it did in Zenwalk - I still have problems with the plugins not being activated when I start Brasero under Zenwalk. Hasn't happened with the Salix build.

Paul.
caitlyn

Post by caitlyn »

thenktor wrote:IMHO every gtk burner sucks :P I always install k3b ;) So I don't care which one we ship on the iso.
For some strange reason audio CDs burned with k3b won't play on the stereo system in the living room (older Sony dual deck CD player / MD recorder) yet ones burned with Brasero work fine. Go figure. Anyway, I am actually using brasero for audio CDs and k3b for everything else.

I haven't used xfburn with Salix. I had good luck with it for simple stuff running Vector or (dare I say it?) Ubuntu.

As always, YMMV.
caitlyn

Post by caitlyn »

gapan wrote:I'm not having any problems with xfburn, but if other people do, maybe we should switch to brasero as the default burner in a full installation?
It's a whole lot more capable than xfburn and doesn't seem to need much more in system resources. I say go for it. Keep xfburn in the repo for those who prefer it.
thenktor
Salix Wizard

Post by thenktor »

caitlyn wrote:Anyway, I am actually using brasero for audio CDs and k3b for everything else.
I've never really used GUI burners for audio CDs. Years ago they all had their troubles (lack of DAO or problems with pregap, no good normalization, no m3u support). I'm using burnCDDA ;)
burnCDDA (burns audio CDs)
geBIERt (German beer blog)