Can not install qt5 from Sourcery

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
rooma

Can not install qt5 from Sourcery

Post by rooma »

After a couple hours of compiling it fails with this:

Code: Select all

sed: can't read /usr/src/slapt-src/libraries/qt5/package-qt5/usr/lib/pkgconfig/Qt5WebKit.pc: No such file or directory
fakeroot -- sh qt5.SlackBuild Failed
I tried to search for Qt5WebKit.pc and can`t find it.
zAchAry

Re: Can not install qt5 from Sourcery

Post by zAchAry »

I have the same problem.

Mostly because of this issue with Qt5, I contemplate to switch to Slackware.

I suggest to the developers to comply as much as possible with Slackware packages, without exceptions, if this is possible.
Help to make Slackware easier Donate to Salix
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

rooma wrote:After a couple hours of compiling it fails with this:

Code: Select all

sed: can't read /usr/src/slapt-src/libraries/qt5/package-qt5/usr/lib/pkgconfig/Qt5WebKit.pc: No such file or directory
fakeroot -- sh qt5.SlackBuild Failed
I tried to search for Qt5WebKit.pc and can`t find it.
There's nothing we can do in salix about that. The SlackBuild is probably simply bad. You could try contacting its maintainer...

But, there are qt5 packages around. I refer you to this post: http://forum.salixos.org/viewtopic.php? ... 696#p38724
zAchAry wrote:Mostly because of this issue with Qt5, I contemplate to switch to Slackware.
Oh please do that.
zAchAry wrote:I suggest to the developers to comply as much as possible with Slackware packages, without exceptions, if this is possible.
Since you have no idea what you're talking about, I'll let this slide.
rooma

Post by rooma »

I have found this discussion in which user writes about Ruby interpreter as missing dependency.
Using tee, the SlackBuild output shows that WebKit is never built due to
a missing dependency:

The WebKit build was disabled for the following reasons:
* Missing ruby from PATH

I used to have ruby installed, I don’t know what happened to it. In any
event, reinstalling ruby with slackpkg and then running the qt5
SlackBuild again was successful.
Do not know if this is all what is needed to compile qt5 because compilation is in progress.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

rooma wrote:I have found this discussion in which user writes about Ruby interpreter as missing dependency.

Do not know if this is all what is needed to compile qt5 because compilation is in progress.
Perhaps it is and the SlackBuild is not bad after all. You can try and report. I know that I have built qt5 in the past here (for version 5.3.2) and it worked. But it is not obvious at all that ruby is a dependency.

But, I would just install the package from alienbob's repository.
rooma

Post by rooma »

qt 5.5.1. There was no Ruby listed as dependency in slackbuild description.
rooma

Post by rooma »

Response from maintainer:
Hi,

A full Slackware install is required for all packages on slackbuilds.org (https://slackbuilds.org/faq/#full). Ruby is one of the many packages included with Slackware. I won't be adding Ruby to the REQUIRES line.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

The maintainer explains it well. A full Slackware install comes with many packages that aren't in a standard Salix one, though they are in the repositories. In such cases, the build will probably fail with a message in the closing lines of output indicating what is missing. Install, and try again.

In practice there are a handful of such packages that come up time and again, so if you build many packages from SBo, you will soon find you have them already, and this sort of thing won't happen much any more.

linuxdoc-tools is another such, which may be harder to spot, because the missing item is one of a bundle.
rooma

Post by rooma »

And if I do not want a full Slackware install because I do need all that?
laprjns
Salix Warrior

Post by laprjns »

According to Arch Package Database ruby is a make dependencies for their qt5-base package. Just install ruby and try building qt5 again. Or you could just install alienbob package from here http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/qt5/
“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought?"