djemos
Salix Warrior

Re: Salix Xfce 15.0alpha2

Post by djemos »

gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Thanks djemos, I had it already in mind. :)
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Well, I build newer libreoffice packages, but it didn't solve the "Unspecified Application Error" problem. Which is really weird.

I then found this: https://www.linuxquestions.org/question ... ost6322013
Try

Code: Select all

export MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=i965
which works for me. I really don't know what to do with this.

It gets worse. My video card is actually an i915. So, I tried:

export MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=i915
and that worked too which made me wonder why the previous one worked in the first place. So, I tried:

export MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=foobar
which worked too!

I then switched to a new terminal, where MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE wasn't specified and it worked there too! I'm genuinely confused.

edit: and it works after a reboot, where the variable isn't declared either. :shock:
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

What i can think is that maybe it was something wrong set under ~/.config/libreoffice
Delete the folder and it will recreated. Just a thought.

Edit: I found also this "Sometimes the issue can be with your user profile. Try creating a fresh user account and start libreoffice from that fresh account. Also, you can use a program like ‘strace’ to try and find out whether you understand the root cause by examining closer how the program starts up."
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

I have now uploaded the new libreoffice packages to the repos. You may try them once mirrors sync.

To be honest, I didn't really test if local help actually works. I need to build packages for those too, and also upgrade the locale packages (but the old ones should work too) but that will have to wait for tomorrow.
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

With the above SLKBUILD Libreoffice package include local help en_US and dict files. For Greek the user have to install the Greek packages for locale and help. Same for other locales.
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

I download libreoffice-7.3.3.1 and i expected that the local help will not work because the SLKBUILD you use did not had all the necessary build options.

--with-help=html to trigger integration of local help.
--with-system-libnumbertext (which is included in SLKBUILD need to not download its own LibreOffice libnumbertext which break the build.)
--disable-fetch-external (do not download external sources again)
--with-external-tar=$SRC (to use $startdir/src build folder and not the LibreOffice own path which also break build.)
For some strange reason all packages needed have to included in SLKBUILD for downloading and not downloaded from LibreOffice included script which break local help.)
I have done many tests to make the SKBUILD to build with local help. This is why the SLKBUILD have to be used as it is.
The file /usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX}/libreoffice/help/languages.js is needed to trigger local help. If this file is removed even the local help integration is build then online help is triggered.
In the past i used alienbob script but for the 7.3.2.2 version build failed saying about some file could not be found which existed in the system and cannot build libreoffice at all. So i did changes to yours SLKBUILD to manage to build libreoffice with the local help.

Edit: libreoffice-7.3.3.1 packages with en_US dict and local help https://people.salixos.org/djemos/salix ... e/7.3.3.1/
ibka

Post by ibka »

I have found a way to solve the hostname problem, before changing hostname check what the MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 is with xauth list:

xauth list
oldhostname.example.net/unix:0  MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1  00606cbb6f91f296652bc4e776fXXXXX
Change hostname:

then run:

xauth add "newhostname.example.net/unix:0" MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1  00606cbb6f91f296652bc4e776fXXXXX
The "xauth add" command needs to be run as the logged in user
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Yes, but this might become tricky to automate if there are multiple concurrent X sessions. I'm thinking that it is probably easier and safer to just apply changes to localhost on reboot.
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Post by mimosa »

I didn't report this because I assume it is a known problem (no codecs) but video doesn't work with the default application. It does work with both vlc and mpv.