Gslapt does not mark installed programs

You think you have found a bug? Let us know about it.
tamajon21

Gslapt does not mark installed programs

Post by tamajon21 »

Greetings everyone, I don't usually go into forums or communities, but recently I got to know Salix and I loved it, so I'm fully using this operating system as my daily use system. Right now I have a problem, and it is that for some reason the gslapt package manager does not show marked some of the programs that I install. What can I do about it?
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Gslapt does not mark installed programs

Post by gapan »

What do you mean? Can you provide an example? How are you installing these programs?
tamajon21

Post by tamajon21 »

For example, I search for sublime text to install it in gslap, the box is empty because it is not installed, I install it and when I finish installing the box is marked in blue, indicating precisely that it is installed. For some reason when reopening Gslap the next day. the sublime text box in gslap comes out empty as if it were not installed. It is not something that really affects much but it is a mistake
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Have you installed salix or are you running it live?
tamajon21

Post by tamajon21 »

I have it installed as my main and only operating system
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

What you're describing is not possible. We should need more info.

What happens after it is installed the first time? Is it available in the menu? Can you run it?

What happens the next day when the box is emtpy in gslapt? Is it available in the menu? Can you run it?

Does one day need to pass for this to happen? What happens if you close gslapt and reopen it? What happens if you logout and log back in and reopen it? What happens if you reboot your system and reopen gslapt?
tamajon21

Post by tamajon21 »

the programs are still installed and work normally, the operating system works normally, I use it every day and I give the usual daily use to the programs. the only problem is that, in gslap they appear to me as if they were not installed. What causes that? I just tried and it seems that it is after cleaning with bleachbit, now the problem is that the packages appear again as installed in gslap, so as not to have problems with the updates.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Well, you seem to have found the reason. That bleachbit thing probably removes stuff that it thinks are not needed. Guess what, some of them are actually needed.

Do you see any packages as installed in gslapt?

What do these commands show?

Code: Select all

ls /var/lib/pkgtools/packages
ls /var/log/packages
ls /var/slapt-get