Lynis system audit problem

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
ChuangTzu
Donor

Lynis system audit problem

Post by ChuangTzu »

Decided to run lynis today (used it every so often in the past/prior releases) and noticed it keeps reporting a warning that the system needs a reboot. Found this quite odd as I never received this with prior Salix or Slackware releases. Kernels/packages are upgraded etc... and even after several reboots the "warning" still remains. I'm sure its a false flag, but still curious about any thoughts.....
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Lynis system audit problem

Post by gapan »

I skipped through the script code for a bit: https://github.com/CISOfy/lynis/blob/59 ... 18-L679C18

It's definitely failing to locate installed kernels.
ChuangTzu
Donor

Post by ChuangTzu »

Quite strange, makes sense though. Some people had problems with lynis in the past having errors (need to reboot) if more than one kernel was installed, ie: backup kernels...

I suppose a short fix could be to blacklist the kernel in lynis so it does not look for it? Or I will just ignore the silly warning for now.

Thank you for taking the time to look into it! :D
brocashelm

Post by brocashelm »

I'm also running into this issue. Wasn't sure if it was just me, but reading this thread puts me at ease.

Rkhunter will also need whitelists, such as for Egrep and Fgrep -- very annoying, but it can be done. I simply copied from my Devuan config and made adjustments for Salix. :)