[SOLVED] Flatpaks

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
dave1953
Donor

[SOLVED] Flatpaks

Post by dave1953 »

Is there anything I need to know about using Flatpaks in Salix? The reason I ask is that I've installed the flatpak of Freetube which appeared to install correctly; however when I enter the data settings mode to import my subscriptions.csv the dialogue box (button) changes shade as if responding, but nothing else happens. I'm assuming I haven't missed a permission setting or anything else? Naturally I have reported this as a bug to the Freetube developer git page.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Flatpaks

Post by gapan »

I just installed it and I can confirm this. It is most probably something to do with the flatpak. There should be nothing specific to salix that you should be concerned about. I played a bit with the permissions in flatseal but couldn't make it work.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

I downloaded the .7z file from the freetube homepage, extracted it locally and ran it from there. Trying to import data opens up a file browser window, but I don't have anything to import myself. So, it's most probably something with the flatpak.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Got it. Install the xdg-desktop-portal-gtk package, reboot and then it will work with the flatpak.
dave1953
Donor

Post by dave1953 »

Wow thanks, once again I am indebted to you. I have made a donation. Many many thanks for your kind help in my journey. I now have a daily driver Salix 15 installation with absolutely everything I want on it and all fully working.

-----------THANK YOU-------------
dave1953
Donor

Re: Flatpaks [SOLVED]

Post by dave1953 »

dave1953 wrote: 14. Jul 2023, 10:03 Is there anything I need to know about using Flatpaks in Salix? The reason I ask is that I've installed the flatpak of Freetube which appeared to install correctly; however when I enter the data settings mode to import my subscriptions.csv the dialogue box (button) changes shade as if responding, but nothing else happens. I'm assuming I haven't missed a permission setting or anything else? Naturally I have reported this as a bug to the Freetube developer git page.