Freebasic v1.09 fails build through Sourcery

miredia

Freebasic v1.09 fails build through Sourcery

Post by miredia »

It looks like the Slackbuild needs to be updated. :/

I'm on Slackel v7.6 Openbox, with Linux kernel v6.1.41.

I have not found a fix specific to Slackware v15. Looked in "linuxquestions-dot-org", there's a thread for a fix but it's from 2016. The Freebasic forums are too Windows and Ubuntu focused and almost not another Linux OS is mentioned.

This is a workaround:

I visited "pkgs-dot-org" to obtain the following link:

http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/ma ... _amd64.deb

I downloaded this package, which is from Debian v11 "Bullseye", the "ncurses" compatibility module. Extracted the "data" portion from it and from that "data" archive, extracted the "libtinfo.so.5.9". That was copied (with "root" privileges) directly to "/lib64" as "libtinfo.so.5". Cannot give its original name because "libtinfo.so.5.9" already exists for Slackware.

This should be tested. Create a brief program called "hello.bas":

Code: Select all

print "Hello!"
in the same "freebasic/bin" as "fbc" executable. Then do:

Code: Select all

./fbc hello.bas
If it silently returns the terminal prompt then everything is fine. Otherwise it should still complain about the missing library, or "information not available", or that one "symbol" is misaligned out of the later library version than this compiler expects.

Graphics BASIC programs should compile because Slackware carries all the "devel"-side libraries.

This should work for Freebasic v1.10 as well as v1.09. This is for your information.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Re: Freebasic v1.09 fails build through Sourcery

Post by gapan »

I know this refers to Slackel, but there is a FreeBASIC package in the salix extra repo for 15.0:
https://download.salixos.org/x86_64/ext ... ix15.0.txz

So, this isn't a problem with 15.0 and therefore there is no fix to find for 15.0 as you refer to your post.
djemos
Salix Warrior

Post by djemos »

@miredia
Slackel is based on slackware current. I tried to build freebasic on slackel but build failed. So as gapan said try freebasic from salix extra repo.
miredia

Post by miredia »

djemos wrote: 29. Aug 2023, 12:46 @miredia
Slackel is based on slackware current. I tried to build freebasic on slackel but build failed. So as gapan said try freebasic from salix extra repo.
I guess I could do this now. Thank you for the advice.