some problems that I faced when I tried salix

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
jemadux

some problems that I faced when I tried salix

Post by jemadux »

some minors problems that I faced ton salix

i have an partition on nvme that always I mount it to /usr/local/
on that partition i have some fonts .. how to make salix see the installed fonts ?

second thing i noticed Is the colord deamon not working properly with salix on xfce 4.18 . the only distro that It working properly
is on devuan ( sysvinit and openrc )
djemos
Salix Warrior

Re: some problems that I faced when I tried salix

Post by djemos »

Code: Select all

fc-cache -v /usr/local
flatdog

Post by flatdog »

jemadux wrote: 17. Nov 2023, 23:32 ... second thing i noticed Is the colord deamon not working properly with salix on xfce 4.18 . the only distro that It working properly
If I remember correctly we are still running xfce 4.16. Have you installed via slapt-get? Or compiled from source? Make sure group colord and user colord both exist, some useful hints here.
Regarding the font "issue", I used to keep my favorite fonts in ~/.fonts, so the argument to fc-cache will be easier to remember, but your mileage may vary. A good practice, especially when/if your $favorite distro changes on a weekly basis.
A typo in documentation can ruin your day.
jemadux

Post by jemadux »

flatdog wrote: 19. Nov 2023, 23:28
jemadux wrote: 17. Nov 2023, 23:32 ... second thing i noticed Is the colord deamon not working properly with salix on xfce 4.18 . the only distro that It working properly
If I remember correctly we are still running xfce 4.16. Have you installed via slapt-get? Or compiled from source? Make sure group colord and user colord both exist, some useful hints here.
Regarding the font "issue", I used to keep my favorite fonts in ~/.fonts, so the argument to fc-cache will be easier to remember, but your mileage may vary. A good practice, especially when/if your $favorite distro changes on a weekly basis.
yes i used what gpan told here

@djemos ευχαριστώ πολύ .. θα το δοκιμάσω ( translated = thank you so much I will try it )
Last edited by jemadux on 20. Nov 2023, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.
jemadux

Post by jemadux »

i remember back then i guess in 14.2 or before was available sourcery ..

where i can find that tool now ? i tried in gslap didn't find it
Papasot
Donor

Post by Papasot »

jemadux wrote: 23. Nov 2023, 13:49 i remember back then i guess in 14.2 or before was available sourcery ..

where i can find that tool now ? i tried in gslap didn't find it
I think slapt-src is what you are looking for. It's part of the system.
A pleasant detail in this forum: several people pick a picture of their pet as their avatar. Who am I to do otherwise? ;-)