Forum Login Issue

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
JmaCWQ

Forum Login Issue

Post by JmaCWQ »

Hello All,

I keep having to login to the forum each visit even though I check the "Remember Me" button each time.
If I view my Profile, User Control Panel, Manage "Remember Me" Login Keys, instead of showing my real IP it shows 172.18.0.1 which I believe is a Local/LAN IP address?

When I first looked in those settings there was a long list of entries, older ones showing my correct IP address and newer ones showing the 172.18.0.1 address, deleted them all and logged in twice since, both times showing the LAN IP address.
Whatismyip etc. shows my correct address, my router IP to login isn't that and it seems to be only on this forum I'm having this issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks
JmaCWQ

Re: Forum Login Issue

Post by JmaCWQ »

I think I've sorted out the login issue, I have my browser set to delete cookies, cache and site data for all sites except those I have set as exceptions, had a typo in the Salix forum address in the exception.
Still not seeing my correct IP address in the login keys.
gapan
Salix Wizard

Post by gapan »

Ah, that was because the forum is behind an nginx reverse proxy. I had set it to forward the real IP, but after updating the forum software that was reverted. It should be OK now.
JmaCWQ

Post by JmaCWQ »

Thank you, yes now it's working again.