My mouse isn't functioning correctly.

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
salixcylic

Re: My mouse isn't functioning correctly.

Post by salixcylic »

@zAchAry : It's an emergency solution if your touchpad doesn't work. I've tried it on my Acer laptop and it works. Sometimes I have to repeat the last key sequence. I mean, Shift + Fn + NumLk twice.

@Terid: Yes, Xorg.conf.
More experiment:s
1. You have tried two usb mouse: a Microsoft Mouse and an Intel mouse. You have tried them on the same USB port? Can you plug them on a different USB port? Maybe it is damaged.
2. Your BIOS (F2) has an option to disable touchpad if you plug in an USB mouse. Try it!

If no one of this work, open a console and type dmesg. If you unplugged and plugged the mouse again, the last lines talk about your mouse. For example, if I plug an Acer usb mouse it tells me:

Code: Select all

[ 8331.972245] generic-usb 0003:062A:0001.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [HID 062a:0001] on usb-0000:00:13.0-1/input0
[ 8331.972334] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
[ 8331.972343] usbhid: v2.6:USB HID core driver
If I type lsusb:

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 062a:0001 Creative Labs Notebook Optical Mouse
That info can help you to edit Xorg.conf. I wish someone of the Salix team help here.
Terid

Re: My mouse isn't functioning correctly.

Post by Terid »

Hey I finally got this problem fixed a few mins ago.
Thanks to everyone for their input, especially salixcylic :)

For anyone interested I had to put these commands into my xorg.conf-vesa

Option "Protocol"    "Microsoft"

Option "Device"      "/dev/input/mice"

Option "Emulate3Buttons"    "False"
I think it was Emulate3Buttons, i figured it was off by default. Hope this helps someone else!

EDIT: Nope its still messing up the mouse clicks just not as bad, i can drag now but the mouse buttons still click on their own :(