Salix Fluxbox 13.37beta1

User avatar
tsuren
Posts: 197
Joined: 7. Jun 2009, 17:32

Re: Salix Fluxbox 13.37beta1

Post by tsuren » 2. Jun 2011, 18:39

Parole needs xfce. Vlc needs qt. That's normal.
I see what went wrong there. First I clicked to install parole. And after seeing deps in "packaged to be installed", I canceled it and I unmarked parole, then selected vlc to be installed. Then saw xfce still in "packaged to be installed". Upon restarting gslapt, of course, vlc did not show xfce as a dep any more.

I think there is a problem there. (not with fluxbox of course, but with gslapt).

Playing DVDs with Whaawmp got through this time all three of them, but there is still no sound. Sound is working in all other applications.

Ejecting CD - was ok this time, but then again I was not too tough on Exaile. :) I did not try to crash it.
'Tommorow is like today, just happens tomorrow.'

User avatar
loukingjr
Posts: 247
Joined: 8. Aug 2010, 13:10
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa

Re: Salix Fluxbox 13.37beta1

Post by loukingjr » 6. Jun 2011, 08:52

is there a GTK theme switcher that works with Fluxbox?

thanks
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7

User avatar
ax
Posts: 66
Joined: 9. Dec 2010, 14:13
Location: Naples
Contact:

Re: Salix Fluxbox 13.37beta1

Post by ax » 6. Jun 2011, 13:11

Yes, all themes GTK-2.0 works with fluxbox.

Perhaps you are referring to gtk-3.0?

User avatar
loukingjr
Posts: 247
Joined: 8. Aug 2010, 13:10
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa

Re: Salix Fluxbox 13.37beta1

Post by loukingjr » 6. Jun 2011, 14:35

ax wrote:Yes, all themes GTK-2.0 works with fluxbox.

Perhaps you are referring to gtk-3.0?
no, I asked if there was a theme switcher for fluxbox, such as lxappearance for LXDE.
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7

User avatar
ax
Posts: 66
Joined: 9. Dec 2010, 14:13
Location: Naples
Contact:

Re: Salix Fluxbox 13.37beta1

Post by ax » 6. Jun 2011, 15:18

No, it does not have this application in its code.

User avatar
Duncan_Idaho
Posts: 216
Joined: 19. Sep 2009, 01:43
Location: Sietch Tabr, Planet Arrakis

Re: Salix Fluxbox 13.37beta1

Post by Duncan_Idaho » 6. Jun 2011, 15:36

loukingjr wrote:
ax wrote:Yes, all themes GTK-2.0 works with fluxbox.

Perhaps you are referring to gtk-3.0?
no, I asked if there was a theme switcher for fluxbox, such as lxappearance for LXDE.
you could install lxappearance from slackbuilds, it's a desktop-agnostic stand alone app

User avatar
loukingjr
Posts: 247
Joined: 8. Aug 2010, 13:10
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa

Re: Salix Fluxbox 13.37beta1

Post by loukingjr » 6. Jun 2011, 15:40

Duncan_Idaho wrote:
loukingjr wrote:
ax wrote:Yes, all themes GTK-2.0 works with fluxbox.

Perhaps you are referring to gtk-3.0?
no, I asked if there was a theme switcher for fluxbox, such as lxappearance for LXDE.
you could install lxappearance from slackbuilds, it's a desktop-agnostic stand alone app
ok thanks duncan. now I just have to learn how to install slackbuilds :D
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7

User avatar
gapan
Salix Wizard
Posts: 5570
Joined: 6. Jun 2009, 17:40

Re: Salix Fluxbox 13.37beta1

Post by gapan » 6. Jun 2011, 16:24

loukingjr wrote:now I just have to learn how to install slackbuilds :D
Fire up Sourcery. Select lxappearance for installation. Click Apply. Or:

Code: Select all

# slapt-src -i lxappearance
Image
Image

User avatar
loukingjr
Posts: 247
Joined: 8. Aug 2010, 13:10
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa

Re: Salix Fluxbox 13.37beta1

Post by loukingjr » 6. Jun 2011, 16:53

gapan wrote:
loukingjr wrote:now I just have to learn how to install slackbuilds :D
Fire up Sourcery. Select lxappearance for installation. Click Apply. Or:

Code: Select all

# slapt-src -i lxappearance
smiles, now you tell me! :lol: I actually figured out how to install it using a slackbuild, which is good. I should of learned how to use them long ago. But thanks! :D

now if there was a good menu editor for fluxbox I would be a happy camper. ;)
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7

User avatar
loukingjr
Posts: 247
Joined: 8. Aug 2010, 13:10
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa

Re: Salix Fluxbox 13.37beta1

Post by loukingjr » 6. Jun 2011, 17:30

I just remembered I tried to install both lxappearance and conky using Sourcery and got compile errors.
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7

Locked