Salix 13.37 Screenshots

The place to post your Salix wallpapers, screenshots etc.
loukingjr

Re: Salix 13.37 Screenshots

Post by loukingjr »

fluxbox...
bigger
there are three kinds of people in the world. those that can count, and those that can't.
iMac 2.8Ghz i7
dab1414

Post by dab1414 »

fluxbox, this time I changed gtk theme, put some dockapps in the slit, conky now just to display flux keys. Oh and went to true transparency, but had to install and use cairo-compmgr, xcompmgr was bugging out for me.
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.
-Unknown

My Linux screenshots:
Kerd

Post by Kerd »

Very nice fluxbox desktop boys :)
pevsner

Post by pevsner »

My fluxbox "E17" look theme: (with lua clock)
Fullsize view

I have E17 as main desktop atm ( I miss tabbing from fluxbox) but, E17 once you get to know it is really good, fast, small and a bit funky.
http://slacke17.sourceforge.net/ has made installation easy if anyone wants to try it out.
The compositor is very fast or there's a simple psuedo shadow effect which I prefer. Also a "everything" module which is like gnome-do.
My E17 theme:
Fullsize view
Akuna
Salix Wizard

Post by Akuna »

That E17 desktop looks excellent!
Very enticing. I must find some time to play with it.
What really matters is where you are going, not where you come from.
pevsner

Post by pevsner »

The Slacke17 packages make it nice and simple Akuna. The tgz install ( just one package worked fine for me).
One tip, atm changing the font works at first setting but crashes after that, so choose wisely (dejavu sans doesnt work well either - it's in bugtracker), I went for Droid sans.
He's another screenshot showing the "run everything" (gnome-do like module) and the keybinding setting dialogue to give you a flavour.
Fullsized view
My setup loads with 120mb ram + 140 cached. ( gets more or less dependant on modules you choose to load)
The file manger (EFM) is very useable and fast once setup with the added modules (pathbar and actions), it has tabbing and, you just type to search files ( no ctrl f).
Duncan_Idaho

Post by Duncan_Idaho »

@pevsner: your fluxbox screenshot looks awesome!! I really like how the clock and the conky theme looks really nice :D
pevsner

Post by pevsner »

Thx Duncan,
The clock is actually in conky, it's a lua one http://londonali1010.deviantart.com/art ... -141958642
I found a dark theme shell (efenniht) for E17 Enlightenment which I thought you dark theme guys would love.
( not in e17-stuff.org so I had to compile it from svn ).
svn co http://svn.enlightenment.org/svn/e/trun ... S/efenniht
cd efenniht
make efenniht.edj
make install-e-home
Full sized view
Moose

Post by Moose »

That Fluxbox really is gorgeous. I need to get around to customizing my XFCE, I just came back to Salix a few days ago. Once I'm done I'll get a screenshot posted up here.