Ratpoison: C-t t -> Firefox menus stop working

You have a problem with Salix? Post here and we'll do what we can to help.
GJones
Donor

Ratpoison: C-t t -> Firefox menus stop working

Post by GJones »

Hitting C-t t in Ratpoison passes a real C-t keypress to whatever application is selected. Obviously this is really useful for e.g. Firefox.

However, after hitting said key combo in Firefox (which does generate a new tab as expected), context menus no longer appear on right-click. There are other problems too - OSD notifications don't appear, scrollbars don't appear on some websites, pages that should be in tabs sometimes load in separate fullscreen windows... In short a lot of widgets don't work as they should, and I have no idea why.

Has anyone else seen this, and are any workarounds known?
mimosa
Salix Warrior

Re: Ratpoison: C-t t -> Firefox menus stop working

Post by mimosa »

The first thing most ratpoison users do is change that default; see the section on Ratpoison in the Guide.

I think it isn't intended so much to be useful or workable, but to be reasonably sure it *will* at least work initially on any conceivable keyboard.

My .ratpoisonrc, for instance, has a line

Code: Select all

escape Super_L
which replaces the default with the left-hand "WIndows key". A single keystroke probably adds a slight ergonomic edge, too.
GJones
Donor

Re: Ratpoison: C-t t -> Firefox menus stop working

Post by GJones »

Thanks. I didn't realize that you could bind the escape key to a single key; thought it had to be a combo... :oops:

I actually happen to like C-t for ergonomic reasons (read: puny netbook keyboard). But Winkey works well enough for now.